Chevy Cruze Diesel a direct competitor to the Jetta TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
The press releases all say that the initial launch is limited to 13 markets where VW diesel sales are strong. It may be that LA is not one of those markets.
Speaking for myself, I assumed that you were being troll-like by contradicting the car company when it said they were in production.
Chevrolet has many, many dealerships. By phasing in the available markets they are ensuring that there's more than one car available at some of the dealers.
That was what I got out of talking to a dealer in Anaheim, S CAL is not part of the initial introduction. But there are a few in CA for someone willing to make effort to look at one. And there should be cars all across CA by the end of August.

Verified with my own eyes, there are 18-22 Cruise TDs( several white, several blue, a few red, several black) on the ground at the dealers I have driven by in the last ~week and half in the Denver metro area. A list of the cities with chevy dealers I have been in,(Littleton,Lakewood,Aurora,Wheat Ridge,Denver,Castle Rock).........Computer says they are on the ground in CO springs, Boulder, Ft Collins and Peoblo.

I don't know anyone at GM corporate still working for them, GM closed a distribution center in Denver about 10 years ago so I can't give any real numbers for nation wide distribution but I can do the math.....But as I laid out in a post above I am betting the first run was somewhere around 500 units, with maybe 300 units on the ground across the US right now.

And as I said after my test drive, it is a good car that is comfortable to drive power wise and handles well. It seems a little tight to me because of the wrap around dash but it's not something I couldn't live with.

As anyone that knows me will attest I am not a fan of it being automatic only but it seems to shift well not jumping gear when you look at the accelerator like some automatics do. On my test drive starting @ ~5,500 ft up to around 8,000 ft it seemed to hold gear at highway speed on US285 & C470 accelerating from 60 to 65-70 with a push up to 80 without unlocking the torque converter or shifting down. I was quite impressed that it wasn't hunting for the gear needed when you accelerated like most automatics do. Only when you pushed it almost all the way to the floor did it unlock then shift down.

I only played with the Tip-tronic mode(whatever GM calls it) once on acceleration up to freeway speed on the way back to the dealer, the shifter is in a position that allowed me @ 6' 1" to use it comfortably....I could shift into & out of N anytime from D that I wanted without restriction, which will improve mpgs on city loops if anyone uses this at lights and when effort is not required to keep speed on flat or slight down grade.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
"I was quite impressed that it wasn't hunting for the gear needed when you accelerated like most automatics do."

I'd say that it was because it was a diesel. Low end grunt and all. ;):cool:

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
There are no diesel Cruze in LA, a major market. I think this means the car has had a major misstep of some kind. There is little news about it, but that's how it appears to me. As you recall the MKVI cars were delayed when they were first announced. I said then I thought that was due to defective emissions systems which turned out to be wrong, and I'm not sure what caused the delay, possibly some attempt to fix the HPFP problem before the car was mass produced I guess. And I guess a similar reason for the delay is happening for the Cruze.

Chris

Veteran Member
There are no diesel Cruze in LA, a major market. I think this means the car has had a major misstep of some kind. There is little news about it, but that's how it appears to me. As you recall the MKVI cars were delayed when they were first announced. I said then I thought that was due to defective emissions systems which turned out to be wrong, and I'm not sure what caused the delay, possibly some attempt to fix the HPFP problem before the car was mass produced I guess. And I guess a similar reason for the delay is happening for the Cruze.
I give up.

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Dude!!!! Why can you not accept that GM decided NOT to introduce the Cruze Diesel into the LA market in the original release?!?!?!?! LA is full of tree-hugging hybrid fans and GM likely thought it would sell more of the cars and get better results/reviews in other markets. There are some cars near you as many others have pointed out. Either go drive one of them or don't but quit whining and suggecting that something is wrong or the cars don't exist because they are lot on the LA hipster list!!!!!!

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
I already explained why you're wrong and how to actually tell if they have one.

Yet you continue to ***** and moan.
Looks like it's time to stop feeding the Troll.

Bill
Then you, or whomever you talked to is an idiot. I just posted FIVE that are IN STOCK within 100mi of YOU.

My guess is 40x40 is right and you are just a troll.
Enough already. Good grief. :rolleyes:
Put him on your ignore list like I and others have done. ;)
I give up.
In every box of crayons, someone has to be the burnt sienna.
Put him on your ignore list.
A very fine suggestion.
Dude!!!! Why can you not accept that GM decided NOT to introduce the Cruze Diesel into the LA market in the original release?!?!?!?! LA is full of tree-hugging hybrid fans and GM likely thought it would sell more of the cars and get better results/reviews in other markets. There are some cars near you as many others have pointed out. Either go drive one of them or don't but quit whining and suggecting that something is wrong or the cars don't exist because they are lot on the LA hipster list!!!!!!
From the Forum Rules
[4]No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts.

Based on the above reactions, its obvious that ssamlin has broken this rule. Is it time for a moderator to put a stop to it? :confused: it really clutters up an interesting thread...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Moderator intervention

I agree wholeheartedly that all of this serves no purpose other than to clutter up an interesting thread.

So moving forward - let's keep this thread on topic...

• How does the Cruze compare to the Jetta?
  • What are people seeing in terms of Cruze TD real-world performance and fuel economy?
  • Have you test driven one?
  • If so, what did you think? If not, don't tell us what you don't know. ;)

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute, don't post. :)

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf 6MT, 01 NB 5MT shell
I agree wholeheartedly that all of this serves no purpose other than to clutter up an interesting thread.

So moving forward - let's keep this thread on topic...

• How does the Cruze compare to the Jetta?
  • What are people seeing in terms of Cruze TD real-world performance and fuel economy?
  • Have you test driven one?
  • If so, what did you think? If not, don't tell us what you don't know. ;)

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute, don't post. :)
I can tell you what I think of a Cruze versus a Jetta in everything but drivetrain. I test drove the 1.4 turbo 6 speed gas version last night, I was considering it as a replacement for my wife's 2011 Malibu. The trim level was a 1LT, I believe it's close to an ECO but there are some differences in wheels/tires and minor aerodynamics. This one did not have the RS package with the boy racer plastic crap on the rockers, etc. Here is a link to the actual car I drove.

[FONT=&quot]http://www.langs.com/VehicleDetails...-Sedan_1LT_(Manual)-Beavercreek-OH/1944606173[/FONT]

You can see the markdowns in price and I hadn't even started beating on them and with the Malibu I also got the GM discount. I could have gotten the car for a good price.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I found the inside a little claustrophobic up front. It could be because it was an all black interior, could be the wrap around dash design, can't say, but my wife mentioned the same thing. I think part of it is the current design trend with higher window lines and taller doors versus older cars, you have less outward visibility.

The fit and finish are good, the materials are good for this class of car, the doors have a good solid clunk when closed. I think the factory stereo was a little weak but that's just me, maybe.

Driving the car, I was reminded why I don't like gas turbos, there is a little bit of lag and the pull is slightly nonlinear in light throttle applications. It's not bad, much better than other gas cars I have driven, but compared to a TDI you can tell/feel the turbo working. But we all know that's why diesels and turbos are a better pairing so that's not really newsworthy.

I thought the steering was a little darty and unsettled on the highway but it could be because I had just gotten out of a Malibu, which isn't all that vague but maybe the Cruze is just that much more precise. I would have driven another one to be sure that was the case.

We did not buy it and the deal killer for us was interior room. My sons are 6'2" and 6'3", the older son (6'2") has my Cosmic Green TDI so he isn't really a factor at this point. The younger one would not fit in the back seat of the Cruze and he is only 15, he may not be done growing yet at 6'3". I sat back there with the front seat positioned where I needed it for driving (I'm between 6'0 and 6'1") and I could live with it but again, compared to the Malibu, it seemed smaller, which is logical because it is smaller. Trunk volume was good for the size of car but small for what we would probably need for a week long trip somewhere with three of us.

My wife and I both agreed that if it was a few years down the road, the car would be fine for her and we would have bought it. It would be fine for people with smaller kids as well. Eventually you might outgrow it if you have Amazons for kids like I do.

OK, let's put all this in VW terms.....size wise, it's bigger in back seat room than my MK4's but feels a little smaller upfront, I personally think Mk3's are a lot bigger than Mk4's so the Cruze may well be around Mk3 sized or a tad bigger in back. Trunk room is around the same as a MK4. I rented a Mk5 Jetta to drive to Louisville a few years ago, it seems to be around Cruze sized up front, but I didn't sit in back. A guy here at work has a Mk6 Jetta that I have not ridden in or driven and it appears to be significantly longer than the Cruze and a little roomier inside, but it is also tan inside instead of black so it just looks bigger. (He hates that car, BTW, and he is a long time VW head).

I have to assume that the combination of the diesel and the turbo would address the issue of gas turbo lag, that was minimal in the gas car but I could feel it. I drove a diesel Rabbit for 7 years so room for me is all I'm worried about in my personal car. I could get used to the Cruze interior, I probably wouldn't have noticed it so much if I had been driving the Jetta instead of the Malibu.

And the big question you guys probably have is would I buy one for myself down the road? Assuming GM makes a diesel 6 speed version because the automatic is a total dealbreaker for me the answer would be yes, with a few disclaimers. One disclaimer is the problems seen with the diesel automatic in the next few years and how the GM dealer network handles them. The other disclaimer is if they don't offer a decontented version eventually. I don't want all that extra crap that is likely to break on my cars. It seems like a good solid little car for the money and I would have no problem owning and driving one.

I know people like to bang on GM but that Malibu has been one of the most painless cars I've ever owned, it has needed nothing. My 97 Lumina and 00 Taurus were the same way, which is why I ended up with the Malibu. I check the oil on the Malibu when it comes home after an oil change and I'm ashamed to admit that I rarely check it afterwards, I don't need to. After two years and almost 30k miles, nothing is showing any signs of wear. The dealer wanted our Malibu badly as a trade because they are bringing good money used, at least at the dealerships, they are apparently known to be good cars. It seems to me in summary that if the Cruze is as good as the Malibu and GM doesn't screw up, VW's diesel sales are in trouble. And frankly, given the attitude VW as a company has shown towards their customers, that trouble is probably overdue and only needs a good market alternative to show itself.

(For reasons I can go into if anyone wants to hear them) I'll never set foot in a VW showroom again. My favorite cousin sells VW/Audi at the local dealership so I can get as good a deal as possible but that doesn't matter, VW is not getting my money. So, I'm slave to whatever is out there in the used market and my preference is injection pump TDI's, after they are gone, I'm out of the VW game, I have no interest in PD's or anything later. My favorites were MK3's, they all rusted away, so now I'm into MK4's, which I have two of. Eventually, the Mk4's are going to disappear and I'll have to look at something else diesel because that's mostly all I've driven for a very long time.

I think the Cruze will be my only real option out there for a diesel daily and I'm comfortable with that situation, given the disclaimers above.

I hope this was helpful.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
Something I left out of my review, all TD models have a trunk lid spoiler. The make a big deal out of this being standard on the Cruise TD in the comparison to it only being an option the Jetta TDI.....the little green rectangle on the rear deck lid is the same for the ECO and TD. Only difference being the letters TD are in that rectangle.

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the review 888... I sat in a Cruze (non diesel) the other day and coming from my Mk5 '06 Jetta it seemed to be about the same size front and rear... meaning that it has less legroom in the rear than a Mk6 Jetta. Other than that the Cruze seemed nice. I hope to by driving a diesel one for an extended review sometime soon, but am on the media waiting list and do not know when my turn will be... I will report on it for sure though!

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
'14 Cruze TD Pretty good

Drove one of the Cruze TD in stock at Phillips in Franfort, IL. It was pretty close to loaded at $28,600 w/ Nav, Sunroof, etc. options.

Strong power delivery, better than Jetta IMO though I experienced a stutter at light throttle or off throttle at times. Sound isolation in cabin as good or better than Jetta. Transmission was smooth, liked it better than DSG (though I currently own a manual).
I drove about 15 miles and trip computer indicated 50 mpg.

Interior is standard Cruze, which IMO is competent to quite good for the class. More complete gauges and more features, I give Cruze a win over Jetta on interior.
Trunk is smaller than Jetta and overall the cabin feels smaller than the actual cubic ft. of space that is there. Trunk is a problem for me since there is no spare!!! No option to add a spare and trunk is too small to start with.

Bottom line, would I buy it? No. MSRP is too high and no spare eliminates it from consideration for me (I'm fanatical about having a spare after a previous misadventure in the middle of nowhere). Relocate the urea tank in the future to allow for a spare tire and if it were available at lower price than Jetta I'd be a possible owner.

It's a good effort from Chevrolet GM with few faults, I'd expect it to exceed sales targets in first year if they get cars in stock at dealerships everywhere.
Chevrolet Cruze TD - Grade B-

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the review 888... I sat in a Cruze (non diesel) the other day and coming from my Mk5 '06 Jetta it seemed to be about the same size front and rear... meaning that it has less legroom in the rear than a Mk6 Jetta.
That sounds about right, the Mk6 appears to be bigger in most respects than the MK5, the Mk4 for sure. I'd almost swear the Mk3 was bigger than the Mk5, we took 4 of us and all of our luggage for a week to Hocking Hills in a MK3 VW Golf and it felt so much roomier than a MK4 it was incredible.

I think a large part of the difference in the feel of old versus new vehicles is the design tendency to "shrink" the roof panels and roll the windows and doors inward at the top. That seems to make the car feel smaller because your head is closer to the side windows. I know that's true with my Cummins truck, I have a 92 which is the old square design and it feels much larger than the 94 and later version, which is probably more aerodynamic.

Veteran Member
TDI
overall the cabin feels smaller than the actual cubic ft. of space that is there.

MSRP is too high

If it were available at lower price than Jetta I'd be a possible owner.

Totally agreed on the cabin, I chalked it up to the high window sills and getting out of a Malibu. I could live with it, though.

Once these get out in quantity, I think MSRP will be a faint memory and pricing will be much better than a Jetta. TDI pricing has always been pretty rigid, maybe the Cruze will loosen it up, but based on my 15 years of working for a German special machine company, I wouldn't put money on it.

GM can ask whatever they want but it always comes down to what people will pay. Did you see the markdowns on the car I linked? Granted, it's getting towards year end on a 2013 but that's when I buy a new car if I am going to buy one.

A huge bonus for me would be not having to deal with VWoA and VW's service department in the event of problems. Maybe everyone doesn't feel the same way and you guys have good local VW dealers but I have a terrible problem with their attitude and general arrogance.

I had one service writer I had to deal with on my B5 Passat that I nearly knocked out more than once. I taught my sons that knocking each other out wasn't the way to settle problems just to keep peace in the house so I thought it would be hypocritical for me to get hauled into court for dropping a service writer at his desk. :)

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Drove one of the Cruze TD in stock at Phillips in Franfort, IL. It was pretty close to loaded at $28,600 w/ Nav, Sunroof, etc. options.

Strong power delivery, better than Jetta IMO though I experienced a stutter at light throttle or off throttle at times. Sound isolation in cabin as good or better than Jetta. Transmission was smooth, liked it better than DSG (though I currently own a manual).
I drove about 15 miles and trip computer indicated 50 mpg.

Interior is standard Cruze, which IMO is competent to quite good for the class. More complete gauges and more features, I give Cruze a win over Jetta on interior.
Trunk is smaller than Jetta and overall the cabin feels smaller than the actual cubic ft. of space that is there. Trunk is a problem for me since there is no spare!!! No option to add a spare and trunk is too small to start with.

Bottom line, would I buy it? No. MSRP is too high and no spare eliminates it from consideration for me (I'm fanatical about having a spare after a previous misadventure in the middle of nowhere). Relocate the urea tank in the future to allow for a spare tire and if it were available at lower price than Jetta I'd be a possible owner.

It's a good effort from Chevrolet GM with few faults, I'd expect it to exceed sales targets in first year if they get cars in stock at dealerships everywhere.
Thanks for the review...

It does come with run-flat tires doesn't it??? If so I don't think not having a spare would bother me. In nearly 30-years of driving, I think I have only used the spare tire on one of my vehicles once. That was over 20-years ago and I knew the tires were in bad shape and limping them along waiting to save the money for new ones. I also changed a tire to a spare on a friends car in High School... In the last 15-20-years as far as I can remember I have not had to change a tire, but I do check them regularly and rotate frequently.

I have a spare with my Jetta, our Tahoe (larger aftermarket wheel and tire), our BMW (larger aftermarket wheel and tire) and with my off road Duramax truck I actually have 2 spares (one in the bed for now, but will have both mounted before we race the truck in the desert). But I don't think I would be worried about not having a spare in a Cruze Diesel as long as they are run flat tires.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Haven't looked but I doubt that Chevy is throwing run flats on these. More than likely, they are throwing a can of "fix a flat" in the trunk and hoping that will be enough. The spare tire issue has been beat to death before but I haven't bought other cars that came without a spare so this would be more of a deal breaker than not coming in a manual.

Just checked the Chevy website and it states "tire sealant and inflator kit".

Last edited:

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
I think we will see more and more manufacturers ditching the spare as they try everything and anything to reduce weight and increase efficiency... As it is MOST cars that come with a spare, come with a doughnut spare that is pretty much worthless!!! They are supposed to be used for 50 miles or less at 50 MPH or less and I see BOZOs driving at 70+ on the freeway with them putting themselves and others around them in danger!!! I would rather have these BOZOs waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck and a trip to the tire shop than have them on the road!!!

If you keep an eye on your tires and monitor pressure semi-frequently you generally won't have problems or ever need a spare tire. And for those cases where you run over a nail and get a leak and come out to a flat, the sealant and pump will do the trick to get you going without as much hassle or getting as dirty.

No spare would not be a deal breaker for me on a BMW or Corvette so I don't hink I would let it be on a Cruze Diesel either!!!

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Not run-flat

Thanks for the review...

It does come with run-flat tires doesn't it??? If so I don't think not having a spare would bother me. In nearly 30-years of driving, I think I have only used the spare tire on one of my vehicles once. That was over 20-years ago and I knew the tires were in bad shape and limping them along waiting to save the money for new ones. I also changed a tire to a spare on a friends car in High School... In the last 15-20-years as far as I can remember I have not had to change a tire, but I do check them regularly and rotate frequently.

I have a spare with my Jetta, our Tahoe (larger aftermarket wheel and tire), our BMW (larger aftermarket wheel and tire) and with my off road Duramax truck I actually have 2 spares (one in the bed for now, but will have both mounted before we race the truck in the desert). But I don't think I would be worried about not having a spare in a Cruze Diesel as long as they are run flat tires.
Non Run-Flat tires on the Cruze TD I drove. It had Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires on it. I don't have experience using run-flat tires, though I know they are greatly disliked on some vehicles and you can buy kits to change to regular tires at significant cost. Also, run-flat tires are more expensive than regular tires.

Road conditions are poor in midwest with state budgets stretched and weather conditions over past 5 years favorable for potholes. With potholes the size of a Chevrolet Spark:eek: and lower profile tires all the rage the opportunity to have a flat is increasing. Two years ago I counted 37 vehicles with flat tires on a 5 miles stretch of the Skyway.
Roads in greater Chicagoland just suck compared to areas with mild climates.

Without straying too far off topic, for me it's just better to have a spare tire instead of waiting 3 hours or more along a busy interstate for roadside assistance or tow and then waiting one or two days in hotel on holiday weekend waiting for dealer to open or tire to get fedexed.
One of the Chevy dealers in my county orders spare tire on every Cruze and Camaro where it is an option i/o sealant kit because their customers would refuse in stock vehicles with sealant kit and dealer would have to dealer trade or order car with the spare option.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Spares function as a key component in your rear crash protection! They absorb an awful lot of impact if someone hits you in the rear! I'll keep mine, thank you very much. :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I wonder if the '14 Jetta sedan will sacrifice its spare tire when it switches to the new TDI with Urea. Tank's gotta go somewhere. Maybe they'll be able to fit a space saver.

Veteran Member
TDI
Spares function as a key component in your rear crash protection! They absorb an awful lot of impact if someone hits you in the rear! I'll keep mine, thank you very much. :)
Agreed, but I'm guessing the loss of the spare and the well is factored into the structure once it is removed and crash protection ratings will bear that out.

I'm not all that excited about the loss of a spare. I'm knocking on wood as I write this but I couldn't tell you the last time I changed a tire on anything but my oldest son's ex-Volvo 945. My Cummins has never had a spare and I've owned it for 5 years. Now, that's a tire you don't want to change.

Plus, our Malibu has the Chevy Roadside service for 100k (forget the years) as would a Cruze so if everything hit the fan, you could call them. We also have AAA (because we own Volkswagens and I tend to drag home non running projects) so again, that's not a real concern of mine and wouldn't break a deal like not having a manual tranny. That said, it's all good if it is a problem for others.

I'd expect the 14 Jetta will have the same setup when it arrives. Not a lot of room for a spare tank of anything on modern cars without giving up room somewhere and I'd expect a spare tire will go before space is deducted elsewhere.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
We live north of Houston in a growing area. There are hundreds of new home and commercial buildings going up and contractors everywhere. My daughter picked up two or three screws and nails in her Firestone's on her Fusion. I had to change one out with the spare as it lost all its air while she was at work.

My wife picked up a nail (in the side wall - I posted a pic here when it happened) in our 2005 Passat. My 2002 Dodge truck blew a front tire when it hit a damaged concrete curb that was in the process of being relocated on a road direction change - wife did this also. All of the above happened in the last two years.

I would not be without a spare in any of the vehicles we own, period. Maybe most of you that don't care about having a spare tire live in established areas and only drive on broom-swept roads, but there are way too many possibilities for tires getting damaged or punctured for me to take a chance.

Now, roadside assistance is good, but do they carry spare tires and wheels that fit your car? Or, does it get towed somewhere?:rolleyes:

y2kbird

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Black Jetta, '03 Blue Jetta
Just crossed the cruze diesel off my list due to not having a spare tire.

I drive too many miles--many of them hours away from home during nights/weekends/holidays.

I had two flats in two days recently. First occurred on Xmas eve. Had it fixed right before the shop closed. The next day the same tire went flat due to a poor job sealing the rim. Xmas day, in 0 degree weather, 50 miles from home. Ten minutes later we were back on the road.

I also don't want a donut size spare if I can help it either. The MK IV Jetta's I own have gotten me used to the full size spare. Even at low speed, compact spares are a safety issue. Try stopping on a gravel driveway even at 5mph--skids like crazy on one side.

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
It can't be that hard to squirrel away a tank of pee-juice somewhere in the car structure, other than eating up the whole spare tire compartment. Let the owner decide what goes in spare compartment.

squid

TDI
Want a 2014 GTD
driving on space saver tires

As it is MOST cars that come with a spare, come with a doughnut spare that is pretty much worthless!!! They are supposed to be used for 50 miles or less at 50 MPH or less and I see BOZOs driving at 70+ on the freeway with them putting themselves and others around them in danger!!! I would rather have these BOZOs waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck and a trip to the tire shop than have them on the road!!!
This loon driving on space saver tires is quite something:
http://youtu.be/HPh90yNX-mY

Mercedes C63 AMG Experiment - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

Status
Not open for further replies.