check oil level

toroos

TDI
2015 golf tdi s
I had a strange thing happen the other day. I was driving home from work and a light comes on that says low oil level. I pull off the highway into a gas station and sure enough the oil level is low. I do have 7000 miles on this car now but I shouldn't of went through that much oil already. Has anybody else had this happen?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Do these cars have an oil level switch or pressure?
If pressure then I would worry about the turbo bearings.
Was the level below the bottom mark?

toroos

TDI
2015 golf tdi s
its an oil level switch and I agree if it was a oil pressure I would be worried as well. Yes the level was at the bottom mark on the dipstick. I have it going in tomorrow and will be sure to tell them about this and will be watching it close in the next few months.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
its an oil level switch and I agree if it was a oil pressure I would be worried as well. Yes the level was at the bottom mark on the dipstick. I have it going in tomorrow and will be sure to tell them about this and will be watching it close in the next few months.
Your TDI has an oil pressure switch, not an oil level switch. If you have documentation to the contrary, I really like to see it as that would be something new and interesting!

Bill

Cat3roadracer

TDI
Jetta SportWagen
I was about half way down the hash marks at about 7500 miles. Knowing I had about 2k more before service, I went to the dealer, bought a quart, and topped it off. These engines will use a bit between service intervals, especially when new. I think its good to have some of this on hand for just such an occasion.