first modification(s) for my TDI

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
:)2002 A4 TDI , 2006 A5:)
I know what you mean. I've had my Jetta for 11 months and just can't stop modding.... Sprint 520 nozzles, TT shifter, TT lift jack pucks, E-codes, euroswitch, rear fog, red "I" TDI badge, front 1997 TDI badge, sunglasses holder, split mirrors, filterminder, tdiheater, 5.5l washer fluid tank, AC in glove box, 5-brake lights, CheckTempII, euro turn signal stalk, killed clutch switch, rear fog icon in euroswitch, ventectomy... and I'm contemplating a lot more...

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
I soo want to get the MFA, but spending $500 for a display seems excessive to me...

This summer, I plan on:
-rear fog
-maybe new tail lamps (with amber turn signals)
-oil pan skidplate (not the full one, just the small OEM one)
-maybe mount up a scanner and CB

Already did the e-codes, DRL and ventectomy.

iluvmytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Platinum Grey
Husband vetoed disconnecting DRL's
but so far I've got a ventectomy, CAT filter, mudguards, and XM radio. Oh yeah, and monster mats!

jester69

Veteran Member
Husband vetoed disconnecting DRL's
well , its quite easy to do and your husband might never know...
And, with disabled DRL's the headlights CAN be on all the time, only difference is you have to switch them on, and the dash lights are on. That is it. Removing the auto DRL's doesn't disable the ability to turn ones headlights on in the daytime

Jester

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
If you have a garage the biggest must have mod is the Passat Homelink visor.

Favorite would have to be the MFA cluster though. I really need to wire those sensors in one of these days...

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
The link above doesn't work. To disable the DRL's you simply put a piece of tape over the TFL pin in the back of the headlight switch. I seriously don't recommend you do this though. They are mandatory in most countries for safety reason. I highly doubt that they are all wrong on this..... Even on 2-lane rods near me they post signs "lights on for safety"....

jester69

Veteran Member
I seriously don't recommend you do this though. They are mandatory in most countries for safety reason. I highly doubt that they are all wrong on this.....
Well.... What stops one with disabled auto-DRL's from manually turning them on every time they drive? If I were to have disabled mine, that is what i'd do. Some people just like to have a choice, even though they almost always choose wisely.

In other words: As long as the lights are on when you are driving, does it really matter how they got that way?

take care,

Jester

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
The point is not to forget to turn them on. With DRL's, you cannot forget. Besides, when it's sunny, you don't need to have all the lights on, just the fronts. You would just be wearing your rear, side and dash lights prematurely. Another reason why DRL's make sense..

Peter Cheuk

Gasser :P
TDI
'06 Jetta GLI
In California DRLs are not mandatory. I have a Euro switch in my car so it's like the headlight switches of old: Off, Parking lights, On (headlights and parking lights on). It also gave me the ability to turn on the OEM foglights that I installed.