Flashzilla Help

Tim_Mackinlay

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Blue Golf Tdi 2004 Golf Tdi
Hello group: I bought a used Flashzilla V2. I was told it was unlocked...but that turned out not to be. I have 2 Golf Tdi's. Are there any workarounds or do I have to pony up and buy another Flashzilla? I bought Malones Dynamic Idle and Egr. Works very well and now I want to do the wife's car.

Tim

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Best bet: work directly with Mark.

You'll have to buy a second tune, for sure, since they are "locked" to the specific default dump you send him, but it may be possible to re-use the Flashzilla you bought to do the transfers.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I can't see you having to buy another Flashzilla in order to tune another one of your own cars. That would be just silly.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Nope, but he may have to send one of them to Mark to be initialized.

I tuned both my Jettas at once, and Mark rented me two initialized Flashzillias, one for each car.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Mark wouldn't help me with me with the 1 I bought new from him when I was his client. I had to go with another tuner to resolve an issue, and now the Jetta is sold, and i'm stuck with a paperweight the size of a flashzilla...

Any ideas?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
If you used the flashzilla to return your car to stock, the flashzilla becomes unlocked and can be used on another vehicle. If you left the tune on the car and had the new tuner tune over it, you are out of luck.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
If you used the flashzilla to return your car to stock, the flashzilla becomes unlocked and can be used on another vehicle. If you left the tune on the car and had the new tuner tune over it, you are out of luck.
I now know that, but didn't know it at the time

tassolake

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI PD 5sp
This raises an interesting situation. What if you have the Malone tune and your friendly dealership decides at some future service to reflash the ECU (often without asking). Has the Flashzilla become a large paperweight?

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
If you're taking your '06 to a dealer, that's the least of your worries.......

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
This raises an interesting situation. What if you have the Malone tune and your friendly dealership decides at some future service to reflash the ECU (often without asking). Has the Flashzilla become a large paperweight?
No, because the flashzilla is locked to your VIN, so you could reload your tune.

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
Sorry just seeing this now as I don't check here often. This was originally owned by "Buzzken"
But I think from what I'm reading you're trying to use it on two separate cars which it definitley won't let you do. Hope you don't feel ripped off. Inbox me if there's anything I can do.