Opera Red TDI SEL Premium order 9/19 BUILT!

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I got the VIN today from the Dealer. The car is built, inspected and just waiting on shipping!!!!

Only 3 months from order to build completion. Now have to wait for it to take the train to Seattle.

yamaguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE 6man TDI, 2014 F-350 PSD, 2003 F-350 7.3 PSD, John Deere 2032R, Cub Cadet 882
Sweet!! you will be driving it before you know it!!!

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Congratz....you are going to love it! Turn on the Opera music when you drive away from the dealer to set the mood. Nice color choice too.

breind01

I got the VIN today from the Dealer. The car is built, inspected and just waiting on shipping!!!!

Only 3 months from order to build completion. Now have to wait for it to take the train to Seattle.
Ordered mine on 9/12 & given a "Release for production" date of 12/14. Maybe with some luck, I'll have mine in a week or two? Sure hope so.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
Ordered mine on 9/12 & given a "Release for production" date of 12/14. Maybe with some luck, I'll have mine in a week or two? Sure hope so.
Bug your dealer! Keep them checking the status. Not sure if they actually get updates from VW or if they have to go search them out.

Here were my exact dates and production was just completed.

Order Status Production Stock (15) Status Date 11/16/2011 Requested Production Week 46/2011 11/14/2011 Demo In-Service
Assigned Production Week 50/2011 12/12/2011 Hold Information Actual Production Week 50/2011 12/12/2011

Open Campaign/Action N

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
The car has arrived in the Kent, Washington staging area from TN!!

21 days from issuing of VIN until arrival at the farthest point from TN!

Hoping to pick it up next week if not sooner.

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
I ordered the same car on 11/4. I hope they did a huge batch of the same car. That is probably my only hope. Still betting on April.

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI manual, 2012 Passat TDI manual
They must have done a "Canadian" supply first as I orderd mine on November 8, 2011 . .went into production in early December and is now on it way to the Vancouver port. Should be here the week of February 6. Well, this is all according to the dealer of course. I never asked for a VIN but why make this up.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
The car has arrived in the Kent, Washington staging area from TN!!

21 days from issuing of VIN until arrival at the farthest point from TN!

Hoping to pick it up next week if not sooner.
I know I will be happy when you get your car. One less complainer...LOL. Just kidding.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
...no...you'r not:D (I actually thought you had given up, Tom!)

TomB, I hope you like the Amuhricanized Passat. I'm a very picky car guy, and I think the balance is perfect...size, handling, ride, price. Fit and finish is excellent. The added size is just what the American public wanted, w/o having to buy a much bigger, more expensive car. Plus, the MPG is simply outstanding. There's just nothing else in the market that matches it.

I'm sure you'll post when you've got your nervous, sweaty hands on the steering wheel. Good Luck!

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
Post a photo or two of the car. I ordered the same car but have not seen photos of the Opra Red wth Black interior.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VW just released this photo of the new, improved, "Carefree" seats. The first customer to receive the new seat is...is...you guessed...TOM B from Sammamish, WA! Congratulations, TOM!

Last edited:

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Post a photo or two of the car. I ordered the same car but have not seen photos of the Opra Red wth Black interior.
+1
I also ordered a Opera Red SEL over Titan Black. Would love to see a picture (since it will be a least a month before I see my car!)

Ron M

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
I will get the pictures out as soon as I get the car. Considering our weather this week with all the snow and deicer on the roads I am sure the exterior will be dirty.

I can be obsessed but I am NOT washing it in 30 degree temps just to have clean pics.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Now, now, Mr. TomB. Patience!

Take the pictures BEFORE you drive the car off the lot...I'm sure it will be nice and shiny!

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
I am so not supposed to get this car.

Ok, so the big snow storm did not hit Seattle but the ICE storm did today. Roads are a nightmare and the power is OUT.

So the dealer emails me to say they were closed today so probably won't have the care ready for tomorrow afternoon!!!

I am laughing my A** off.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oh...Tom...the tears are welling up...oh no...here they come...I can't stop them...Better get down and roll on the floor so I don't hurt myself.
You've got to stop posting. I had a detached retina 3 years ago, and the "healthy" retina is...well...genetically a bit frail. I've got to stop reading your posts...

Did anyone here ever counsel you about the virtues of patience?...oh yeah...I remember it all now.

How rude of me...I forgot to close properly, so I'll say what the cashier at the 7-11 says quickly to me, always with a big smile, as I'm leaving..

"Ah-buh-nigh-dey!"

Last edited:

Raxum

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Beetle
Well did you get your car yet? Do they have your car? Been watching. My car has a build date of 01-09-12. TDI-SEL black on black.