Ne ff gtg ???

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Most of the mover and shakers are headed to the Fest in Lexington KY. If you're willing to do that, they usually have NE-FF there.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
High tail it to Fest and do FF there with us! :cool:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Those holding the home fort secure will have to come up with a venue.

HoageeBill

Veteran Member
TDI
'15GSW
Ne ff gtg

Given the short notice and that a number of regulars will be away, I'll decline trying to organize a GTG this evening.
See you in October.
B

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Woukd that make it KentuFFy?

Given the short notice and that a number of regulars will be away, I'll decline trying to organize a GTG this evening.
See you in October.
B

It's not that bad, just pick a place that you like and time. You may get more takers than you expect.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
There have been FF events with two participants in the past.
No reason a FF can't be small.

or call in and we'll have a conference FF....

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
I've got one beer left and a google chat line open....wait, that sounds a little weird...

Jon, didn't you go??

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
TDIinRI onlyinabeetle hamster peterv Beetlego FRED vdub compu had FF in the pool at Lex, KY WOW its hot here. OCT FF lets think..

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
You, me, and the ResurfIce company are probably the only ones who know what an Olympia are.;) I've see maybe 3 in the 13+ years of driving my 4 kids to probably 75-100 ice rinks all over the Northeast.:)

I always wondered; Is it difficult to get parts for those since they are relatively rare around here?

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
You, me, and the ResurfIce company are probably the only ones who know what an Olympia are.;) I've see maybe 3 in the 13+ years of driving my 4 kids to probably 75-100 ice rinks all over the Northeast.:)

I always wondered; Is it difficult to get parts for those since they are relatively rare around here?
Could be. The school I worked at has since built two new rinks and replaced the Olympia with an electric Zamboni. The Mullins Center Rink at UMass-Amherst used to have two Olympia's, but now they're running Zamboni's. I knew of one other rink that had one, but of course can't recall where.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I think the Springfield rink has them. I wonder if they have/had a western mass connection? I think I've only seen one in Eastern Ma at a rink in Quincy.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I think the Springfield rink has them. I wonder if they have/had a western mass connection? I think I've only seen one in Eastern Ma at a rink in Quincy.
No, I went to a few Springfield games last winter, they've switched to Zambonis. I was told that all AHL/NHL rinks switched, as it had something to do sponsorship. Whether that's trueI don't know.