I have some money to spend

H's '97-TDI

I have about $100 to spend on whatever, but there are so many things I want, but they are mostly cosmetic. What kind of performance mods could I get for about $100? I already have the PiperX air filter and my Upsolute money is coming from my room-mate. I know there are few things out there in this price range and I can only think of 2 things: Upper Front Stress Bar and an OilGuard Filtering System ( http://www.oilguard.com/sale.htm ). If anyone has any more ideas please post them here. Thanks

phluid

Veteran Member
Upper front stress bar's provide such a tiny amount of chassis stability that they are almost cosmetic in a somewhat new Volkswagon. It would be a waste of money.

I agree with micky. Bypass that oil!

[ April 16, 2001: Message edited by: phluid ]

H's '97-TDI

With all the reading I have done on Fred's I haven't come across much on bypass filters before. Can someone please elaborate a little bit for me. I beleive I have a link to a great sale on them. (if thats not what my link is leading to please correct me)
I almost agree with the upper stress bar comment, but with the way I drive my car on these 14" wheels I would feel a little more comfortable and confident with my front end beeing just that much tighter.
And would used springs not cost more? And would they ride with the same quality? Sorry to question everything
I just want to figure out the best bang for the buck. Thanks for all the replies anyway.

[ April 16, 2001: Message edited by: H's '97-TDI ]