Am I eligible to participate in the class-action lawsuit........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI Autobahn
regarding Dieselgate even though I sold my TDI > 1 year ago?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hmmm,

Feeling cheated a year after the fact? I guess it depends on the basis of the lawsuit. If the suit alleges that the "fix" cheated you out of reliability or economy, then how could you say you were affected since you never drove the "fixed" car? If you're part of a lawsuit that says VW duped its customers and caused them to unwittingly harm the environment, and somehow your decision to buy/sell a TDI over a year ago keeps you up at night, then MAYBE someone will take your case. ;)

In the end, I don't think the settlement will pay off for anyone but the attorneys. :(

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Hmmm,

Feeling cheated a year after the fact? I guess it depends on the basis of the lawsuit. If the suit alleges that the "fix" cheated you out of reliability or economy, then how could you say you were affected since you never drove the "fixed" car? If you're part of a lawsuit that says VW duped its customers and caused them to unwittingly harm the environment, and somehow your decision to buy/sell a TDI over a year ago keeps you up at night, then MAYBE someone will take your case. ;)

In the end, I don't think the settlement will pay off for anyone but the attorneys. :(
Yup. That's what I'm thinking. TDI PTSD.

And yeah...I didn't bother to send in the form to the attorney that I emailed. My $.02...I think there's a better shot of getting something out of VW once they decide upon an a$$ kissing campaign than there is to get more than $300-600 out of an attorney for this case.

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
Absolutely!

Don't forget to put out an APB for anyone else that may have been harmed by the harmful pollutants that may have been emitted by your former car that may have been out of compliance with EPA standard so that they may be able to join this class-action lawsuit frenzy that may result in a huge windfall for a few attorneys that may be willing to add your pets (and their fleas) to the growing list of litigants that may have absolutely nothing to gain by joining this class-action cesspool.:rolleyes:

That may have been the worst sentence ever composed to answer what may have been the most ridiculous question ever asked on this forum.:p

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
No probably not. The actual crime or crimes have not even been fully identified yet.

As a prior owner, you have no standing because you were not damaged in any way by the current situation.

Class action law suits are so friggen lame. Yo might make $60 on the settlement but the scum bag lawyers will make thousands or millions.

Seriously, what needs to happen is for EPA regulations to come into the real world part of reality.

We are a very small part of the world wide pollution problem, but we have imbecile politicians setting standards that are unnecessary and extremely hard to meet.

Europe does not have these "Diesel Gate" issues because Europe's regulations are driven by realty and not some politicians or a scientist looking for funding's agenda.

Last edited:

NYC-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Free and Loving It
As a prior owner, you have no standing because you were not damaged in any way by the current situation.
Not true. I am not a lawyer but original owners paid a premium for the TDI option. They were promised standards that were not met. This is fraud. At a minimum they have legal standing to recover the difference between the purchase price of a TDI and the gasoline engine version of the same car.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100

Acc. to the news etc VW wrote to the VW DEALERS not to sell TDI's at this time, new or used....Maybe the AUDI / PORSCHE Dealership did not get that letter?:confused: Looks like it is an independent Dealer, nothing to do with VWoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.