Can I disable the "alarm" portion of A3 the keyless alarm module?

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
I put an A3 Keyless module in my 97 B4 Passat 4-5 years ago as per the mod. Worked perfect for years but over the past 90 days wont unlock the car, just lock. I have a feeling it thinks a door is open. I ahve tried a few thinks but cannot find it as all lights go off correct with single door openings. Anyhow, I also find that if I lock the car with my key on occasion people say it is honking. (alarming) Anyhow, Friday morning at 7am I flew to the east coast and left the B4 sitting at work. A few people have called me saying my alarms is going off. I assume I will return to the fun of a dead battery and liekly ruined battery as I dont get back for 3 more days and it will freeze. So, my question is can I disable the alarm function of the A3 keyless alarm module in any way?

leonpona1

TDI
2000 TDI Golf
disable alarm

I would love to disable the alarm in my 2000 TDI Golf .In the past wake me up many times at night, or when I start the motor .
I would be happy if any one know how to easy disconect- disable completly the alarm.
Thank You

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Alarm horn

On MkIV & MKV Jettas all you need to do is unplug the alarm horn which is behind the front right wheel liner.:)

2TDIguy

Veteran Member
On my B4 it honks the standard horn. Anyone know the wiring diagram of the actual alarm modul itself as I assume three is a wire output tot he horn relay to activate it. I could try cutting that wire fron the module plug.