Check Engine Light came on after hard acceleration

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
FYI,

I've seen a situation where an Upsoluted TDI tripped the 'check engine' light shortly after a particularly exhuberant launch from a redlight. As I suspected, it was just the MAF getting a little confused with all that air getting sucked into through a Pipercross panel filter.

Within 15 miles, the warning light turned back off.

This is just an FYI for anyone who may do a search on this issue. These things happen, but I don't think it means any damage was done. The car ran perfectly fine through the whole thing.

4wheeldrift

Adam, not to impose, but I have the CEL on. I had what seemed to be a dirty MAF and the CEL came on before I had a chance to clean it. I cleaned the MAF and the car feels better (mostly) but I still have the CEL on. I live in Sudbury, and be willing to drive to Arlington if you have some time. If you can't I totally understand. Again, I don't mean to impose.

Thanks,

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I'll be curious to see what codes I'm throwing. Since the light first came on, it has gone back off a couple of times (for a whole day of driving in one case), before coming back on again.

I hope this isn't a failing MAF...

S

SkyPup

it could be the MAF due to dirty EGR, but it could also be momentary loss (low) of oil pressure too?

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: SkyPup ]