Gonna sell my 2002 Jetta wagon..86,000miles...

riverhime

TDI
2002 Jetta wagon
Hi. I'm new to the forum and got to say I'm super confused on how and where to post questions!!!
Gonna just throw a couple of them out there.
I'm thinking of selling my 2002 Jetta wagon with only 86,000miles! The car runs great! There a couple of things though.....
First: There is a strange streaky/foggy something in between the window panes on at least 3 out of the four windows. What and how does one get rid of this? It is NOT on the inside or out.
Second: The ol' chasing a rabbit down the hole AIRBAG light on! Code 00532,65535....ECU defective. Does this really mean that my airbags aren't working and I need to shell out $1000.00 to a mechanic to get a new module in there?
I appreciate any feedback!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Hi. I'm new to the forum and got to say I'm super confused on how and where to post questions!!!
Gonna just throw a couple of them out there.
I'm thinking of selling my 2002 Jetta wagon with only 86,000miles! The car runs great! There a couple of things though.....
First: There is a strange streaky/foggy something in between the window panes on at least 3 out of the four windows. What and how does one get rid of this? It is NOT on the inside or out.
Second: The ol' chasing a rabbit down the hole AIRBAG light on! Code 00532,65535....ECU defective. Does this really mean that my airbags aren't working and I need to shell out $1000.00 to a mechanic to get a new module in there?
I appreciate any feedback!
What color? Manual trans?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
A rust free manual Transmission specimen with only two minor issues and 86k miles could be quite a find.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00532

I can not find the 65535 code on ross techs website. If you clear the code does it come right back?

I’ve never heard of streaks in window glass. Did someone apply some tint that is beginning to come off?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Has the car ever been in an accident? Often times the SRS ECU gets "bricked" in an accident, because it has its own internal crash sensor.

Are all the windows the original Volkswagen glass?

riverhime

TDI
2002 Jetta wagon
Hi. This is what the last mechanic wrote that I took it to: " Airbag light on: Code 00532 Supply Voltage. B+ signal too Low (Intermittent). 65535 Checksum error-ECU Defective. Codes won't clear. Problem with Controller-ECU."

I've never been in an accident with the vehicle, and far as I know, original VW glass on the windows. No tint.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Sounds like the software bug that affected some 2002 SRS computers.

This is the only case where I'd consider one of the tools a "level deeper" than VCDS to clear the fault from the computer. It's just a buffer overflow error, not a vehicle impact.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vw_issues.html

I don't know if the airbags are working or not - but my inclination is to say they are deactivated.

-J

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I went through the same issue with my wagon - "Bricked" SRS ecu with an internal fault.

There is a guy in Oregon who can reflash the ECU for about $50 - much cheaper than replacement, but you need to remove it and send it to him. It's located right below the HVAC case on the tunnel at the firewall. takes about ten minutes to pull, but access is tight.

Research indicated to me that they are sensitive to voltage, and that if the vehicle voltage drops low enough (old battery, cold temps etc) this code can set and brick the Airbag ECU - kinda like the B4 Passat clusters.

This is the place I used - worked for me and quick turnaround.

https://karmanauto.com/product/audi-and-vw-airbag-module-reset-repair-service

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I don't read this as a for sale post. I read it as, "Hey, I'm tying to sell my car but can you help take care of a couple of bugs first".

mohawk69

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V, 2000 Beetle TDI
Thanks JD.

Well, its posted in a for sale forum and he can fix all of his problems by unloading it to a knowledgeable crowd. To the OP, if you're looking for ideas for repair, simply look up a little higher and you'll see model specific forums where the owners of that type congregate and can help with all your problems. Good luck or simply post your asking price and see what happens.