AdBlue pump failure

Hazzlett

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI execline
we have 2012 Touareg TDI execline with 152000 kms. Going for the buyback! My question is about the Adblue pump. CEL came on a few weeks ago and we had it checked but nothing showed so it was cleared. Came on again about a week after that, went out, came on again so had it checked again. We hoped heater failure as we have extended warranty but said no it was the pump. They said they would put call in to vw rep to see what they would do as 3l class case coming to court April 5th (Canada). Dealership has had no reply back from vw rep yet ! My question is what happens if we do not replace pump? We want to keep driving the car till buyout. Grandkids live 200 kms away...is driving it that distance a problem? Don't want to spend $1000 + on it ! Any help would be appreciated.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Everything in the add blue system is beyond the engine and in the exhaust system. No issue except you are polluting more if you care for a few months. My engine light comes on for a few days and disappears for a month and reappears and does the same thing. I do nothing and the car runs just great.

Hazzlett

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI execline
Everything in the add blue system is beyond the engine and in the exhaust system. No issue except you are polluting more if you care for a few months. My engine light comes on for a few days and disappears for a month and reappears and does the same thing. I do nothing and the car runs just great.
Thank you for that information. Hopefully it won't be for too long :)