OttoStadt MotorWerks - Terminal extraction tools and OEM Radio iPod/Android integrati

47coeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta TDI, 94 TDI German block in a Samurai
Tools

Received my tools (two sets) in yesterdays mail, I thought they looked good in the pics but when I got them WOW these are some of the highest quality I have seen. Previously using other products, I can tell w/o having used these yet that they will be just what the Dr. ordered and TNX for the special shipping.:D

cparagone

TDI
2005.5 jetta 2002 Golf GLS
I am interested in getting the release tool but only leather shift boots show up in your store

TDI
04 BEW Golf
If you use the top navigation menu the store top link brings you to the terminal tools but the roll down menu only shows the shift boot link, it can be confusing, I'll add a link for the terminal tools to make it clearer, thanks for making me notice!

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
These tools are very nice and well made. You will forget the expense as soon as you use them the first time.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
These are very nice tools, smaller that what they appear in the photos, but that's a good thing.

You need one hand for the extraction tool and the other to pull the wire. So these are perfect.

thanks!

47coeman

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have the connectors that go into the ECU plug if so get back to me, if not maybe you could tell me where to get them. TNX

47coeman

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes the terminals that plug into the ecu plug and the donuts, also need a crimping pliar.Am doing a custom install into to Suzuki samurai and it would be nice to shorten the wires instead of folding or cutting and putting connectors in line.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
You can only get those terminals through your vw dealer, they come pre-crimped on a piece of yellow wire (with a terminal on each end), they also have the rubber grommets. Very pricey though - 15-20$ per wire and 1$/ea grommets.

I would buy butt connectors (crimp&shrink) like i sell (the small clear ones for 22-24ga would be perfect, you can also mix&match other sizes for bigger wires) and do it that way, way cheaper and makes a quality job.

47coeman

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok David guess I have to go with your idea, will get back to you on a number and sizes later today or tomorrow, TNX for the help. Best Skip