2003 Jetta/Bora highly modified w/6-speed LSD

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
I've thought long and hard about this but I am selling my 2003 Jetta TDI. Getting the goods out of the way here are the mods:

1. 6-Speed Eurospec DRW transmission with Peloquin Torque Biasing Differential. Transmission shifts great, has zero issues, etc.
2. DieselGeek short shifter with B&M shift knob.
3. VR6 front spindles and hubs.
4. Audi TT 312 mm big front brake upgrade.
5. R32 256 mm rear brake upgrade.
6. Koni FSD struts and Eibach Pro-kit springs (approx. 1.3" drop).
7. New set of Raxels (expensive) have replaced the original axels.
8. Factory Side Mounted Intercooler replaced with much larger Front Mounted Intercooler.
9. Frost/block heater installed for quick, warm, starts during cold weather.
10. Mishimoto catch can.
11. OMI intake.
12. DieselGeek race pipe.
13. Full stainless steel Kerma exhaust system.
14. Boost valve.
15. VNT-17 turbo with custom mapped ECU.
16. PowerPlus 520 Injector Nozzles.
17. Super heavy duty, high volume 11mm Fuel pump!
18. In-tank PD lift pump added for better fuel delivery on cold starts and fast throttle response.
19. New rear wheel bearings.
20. Front and rear OEM GLI lips.
21. Gauges have been replaced from frogeye to A-Pillar type and swapped out for dual VDO gauge EGT/Boost and Oil PSI/Temp gauges with matching blue lighting. However, the EGT probe is currently burned out and needs to be replaced. A fairly simple process, we just haven't done it and don't intend to.
22. Center console replaced with 04+, so now you have a REAL set of cupholders (in addition to the slide out ones).
23. Euro front plate. Bora rear badge.
24. Black washer and collant caps. Black tow hook cover.
25. Tinted Windows.
26. HID headlights with LED accents and color-matched eyelids. Clear glass lenses.
27. Black honeycomb badgeless grill with matching lower inserts.
28. Blue tined aspherical mirrors so no more blind spots.
29. OEM black Jetta floor mats with "Jetta" text on them.
30. Front seats have been replaced with the totally awesome VW Eurospec Rearo seats. Seats are in very good condition. No rips, tears, etc.

Car is Campanella white with cream leather interior.
Vehicle gets 47 mpg on average. Last time it was on the dyno it managed 187 hp and 293 ft/lbs of torque.

It has 283,000 miles on it and is just getting broken-in. It runs great, idles great, and has a lot of power throughout the entire rev range. Here is a link to my Fuelly mileage and maintenance records: http://www.fuelly.com/…/vo…/jetta/2003/Electrodynamic/427386 I get 700 miles on every tank with an all-time best of 800.

A/C works great. Heat works great. Heated seats work great. Sunroof works perfect. Windows, locks, etc, all function properly. Zero rust. Super clean inside and out. All maintenance has been performed at Guy Roberts VW in Netwon, NC. Receipts are included inside the factory manual binder.

Stereo portion of the car:

Pioneer double-din.
Alpine Type-R front component speakers
Eclipse amplifier

CAR IS SOLD!

I have decided to sell the car because I want something larger. I have scaled down my trips to work and will still look for a diesel but I want a larger car as the car is showing its size with my growing 5 year old boy getting bigger.
Vehicle is located near Charlotte NC. No tire kickers. If you see the vehicle you will be taken for a test ride first and then you can drive the vehicle back to the meeting place prior to purchasing the vehicle. Like all of you on this forum I have put a lot (passion, maintenance, and money) into this car and I treat it extremely well and wish any/all future people interested in this vehicle will treat it with the care that I have teated it with. Thanks.

Pictures:

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
I like Golfs, but this is a REALLY nice car!

06 5.9

TDI
99.5 Jetta
This car is clean! Any list of what’s done to it or price? Located? Is it for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Mainentnece records? I'm trying to get my friend to buy this, he's worried it's nearing a T-belt service.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Mainentnece records? I'm trying to get my friend to buy this, he's worried it's nearing a T-belt service.
All maintenance has been performed at Guy Roberts VW in Newton NC. Full receipts are kept inside the factory manual in the glove box. If a buyer is genuinely concerned about the timing belt I can have Guy Roberts install a new timing belt. A deposit must be made (to show genuine interest and not just tire-kicking) prior to me initiating a timing belt change as the timing belt is not due for another 17,000 miles.

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I believe he texted you last night. I've been telling him to shut up and buy it already. He has a crappy TDI now, he's put like 18k on it in the last 2.5yr.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
I believe he texted you last night. I've been telling him to shut up and buy it already. He has a crappy TDI now, he's put like 18k on it in the last 2.5yr.
He did text me and expressed interest but he didn't call to get bank details so no deposit was received which means the car is still for sale.

On a trip to Alabama this weekend the Jetta managed to become a member of the 800 mile club and allllmost 51 mpg. :D

Last edited:

sundownz

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
He did text me and expressed interest but he didn't call to get bank details so no deposit was received which means the car is still for sale.

On a trip to Alabama this weekend the Jetta managed to become a member of the 800 mile club and allllmost 51 mpg. :D
I was along for the ride on this trip.

This car is pretty sweet for sure :cool:

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
It'll be interesting to me to see how much you get for this nicely modified MKIV Jetta TDI, as I consider how much mine might be worth.

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI, 2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Nice looking Jetta. BTW I was looking at your Fuelly log and I am really impressed that you are able to achieve 47-50 mpg's in city driving. I have a hard time getting 40 LOL. Is my roof rack that bad for mileage? Good luck with the sale, I hope you get what you ask for.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Nice looking Jetta. BTW I was looking at your Fuelly log and I am really impressed that you are able to achieve 47-50 mpg's in city driving. I have a hard time getting 40 LOL. Is my roof rack that bad for mileage? Good luck with the sale, I hope you get what you ask for.
how? you must not get over 25mph and take 10 min to get there, I have never gotten over 43 in any of my cars.

best ever was my 03 ALH 5spd, stock going from AZ to CT on I-40 in New Mexico to Oklahoma, all flat, cruse set at 70, no AC, only the sunroof on vent. 43 mpg.

then finished my leg from Akron OH to CT, drove like an idiot and just wanted to get home. 41mpg going up and down hills, usually 80+.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Nice looking car. GLWS.

47+ MPG is entirely achievable with a modified car and city driving, at least in the Summer. I get 46-48 in mixed driving, closer to 50 on trips at 75-80 MPH.

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice looking car. GLWS.

47+ MPG is entirely achievable with a modified car and city driving, at least in the Summer. I get 46-48 in mixed driving, closer to 50 on trips at 75-80 MPH.
That's what I thought, however I am always between 38-40. I do have 11mm pump and its adjusted to be 3.8-4.0 mg/strks, that's as high it will go with the VCDS. Should I maybe do the hammer mod to up the mg/strks to like 6.0 maybe or higher? Another thing that I am thinking is maybe the tune is aggressive and to be honest with you I don't know which tune is in this car, it was bought with the tune already. Perhaps another tune?

Electrodynamic,
GLWS again

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Perhaps another tune. I'm running an 11mm as well, IQ is at 3.0. I've had a bunch of different injector nozzles in the car, only ones that caused a mileage hit were PP764s. But I was still in the low to mid-40s. Track days notwithstanding, I think I've gotten less than 40 MPG in this car on 2-3 tanks. My average miles between fills for the last 145K is 699 miles.

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Perhaps another tune. I'm running an 11mm as well, IQ is at 3.0. I've had a bunch of different injector nozzles in the car, only ones that caused a mileage hit were PP764s. But I was still in the low to mid-40s. Track days notwithstanding, I think I've gotten less than 40 MPG in this car on 2-3 tanks. My average miles between fills for the last 145K is 699 miles.
What kind of injectors are you running now? I am running DLC's 1019, also have EGR delete and keep proper maintenance. I know roof rack is causing 1-2 MPG's loss. My other TDI had 520's and Kerma tune and it was doing 45-47 easily.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Little ones. PP357s. But mileage is pretty similar to what it was with PP520s and PP502s.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Nice looking car. GLWS.

^ Exactly. I don't romp on this car at all...and my highest mpg was the recent trip to Alabama where I joined the 800 mile club (the 6-speed is so glorious). But other than the latter I drive my son to school and then take backroads to the interstate to work five days a week. Maybe the interstate makes up for it or maybe it's because I rarely do full throttle. Maybe both. But I don't know what to tell those who are in disbelief of my Fuelly data...it would take severe dedication to consistantly fudge data in the logs. More time that I have to dedicate to attempting to fooling a fuel log, haha. ;)

Last edited:

mrurbina

Vendor
TDI
MK4 jetta tdi , alh wagon
The 5 speeds sucks, I'm always left wanting a lower rpms.. The best I've gotten with my auto is 50mpg from fl to nc and 43 from va to nc. NC diesel must suck, the 5 speed makes about 50/55 highway.the 02m,when matted to a correctly tuned engine will do high 50-60s easily..you're car has to make the torque to keep it moving in low rpm.

BTW gl with the sale!

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
The 5 speeds sucks, I'm always left wanting a lower rpms.. The best I've gotten with my auto is 50mpg from fl to nc and 43 from va to nc. NC diesel must suck, the 5 speed makes about 50/55 highway.the 02m,when matted to a correctly tuned engine will do high 50-60s easily..you're car has to make the torque to keep it moving in low rpm.

BTW gl with the sale!
On an overall average basis my 02M doesn't get better FE than my 02J car. Of course, the former has an 11mm IP (injectors set to Stage 3) while the later has a 10mm IP (injectors set to Stage 1). Running in 6th gear means that you're going to have to be traveling at a higher rate of speed, which means more wind resistance. I find that in my car my FE seems best right around 2,100 to 2,200 RPM, which is in the 60 to 65 mph range. I have to run 70+ mph to be in that RPM range with the 02M; I haven't been able to dial in my Ultragauge on this car to see what the instantaneous FE looks like when running in this range (my car will be in the 55mpg range).

That said, I DO like the 02M. It's easy to go fast(er).

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Thanks for the GLWS comments guys. It hasn't been for sale too long but so far only tire-kickers. No one has even laid eyes on the car - only emails and texts of being "very" interested in the car but nothing after that. I don't HAVE to sell the car but I would like to sell it so I can get a larger car for my family. After the last tire-kicker yesterday that never even showed up, after saying he would be at our agreed meetinng place, I can ensure this tank will not be 47 mpg as I've been getting on it frequently reminding myself of the performance that I'll be missing once the White Snowflake is no longer mine. :D

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Unfortunately I may be leaving the diesel game with the next car. Super bummed but diesel Passat wagon's are a unicorn and my revised commute to work can make a gasoline model an option. But I'll keep my Bora/Jetta TDI for sale for the time when someone who knows what it's worth comes along.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
I am ripping the stereo out of the car this coming week and putting back in the Alpine Type-R front components and the Eclipse amplifier. Car is no longer for sale with the great stereo. Price has been reduced/kept at $7,500. I re-listed the car on Craigslist for more than I'm askingn on this forum but I love everything that this forum offers and helps with so the price is slightly reduced for forum members.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Price reduced to a final $7,000. I won't budge below $7k for this forum. It is still listed higher on Craigslist but a cool even $7,000 will take the car.