LeBra Car Bra

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
The only car bra I can find thru Google is the LeBra but I don't see any photos of it on a MK VI. Has anyone bought a car bra for their MK VI and is it worth it?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The only car bra I can find thru Google is the LeBra but I don't see any photos of it on a MK VI. Has anyone bought a car bra for their MK VI and is it worth it?
Is it worth it? It really depends on why you buy it and how you use it. A bra can reduce stone chips on your hood and some people think they look "cool". However, be aware that a loose bra will flap in the wind and it can damage the very paint you want to protect. Also, they car hold moisture (water) and this also can damage paint. After rain, snow, or a car wash - they should be removed and allowed to dry thoroughly before re-installing. I had a friend who bought a bra for his Porsche and left it on for 2 years. He was really upset when he took it off and discovered that his paint was ruined and his hood rusted. A bra should not be installed permanently. How useful it is depends on how and where you drive.

Have Fun!

Don

mliddell

TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium
You can do what I did and install a clear bra. The brand I got was digishield. Think of it like a giant screen protector you see on phones nowadays.

deucelee

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI 6MT ___ Plat Gray on Black
You can do what I did and install a clear bra. The brand I got was digishield. Think of it like a giant screen protector you see on phones nowadays.
x2

clear bra's the way to go...the bras you're thinking of is so 80's and 90's...

its not really that hard to do it yourself

ReFreSh

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI with DSG
I'm thinking of 3M or Xpel clear bra and still hesitating which one is better and whether it is worth or not.

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
I'm thinking of 3M or Xpel clear bra and still hesitating which one is better and whether it is worth or not.
I had the clear bra installed (3M Ventureshield) on my Jetta and my wife's Touareg. I had 18" of the hood, fender, mirrors, bumper, headlights and fog lights covered. Great stuff and great protection. Highly recommend it.

I drive to San Diego daily. My former 2008 Altima Hybrid did not have the clear bra and after 2 years, the front of the car was sand blasted. The clear bra has protected the front of the Jetta well and, after 7 months and 24K miles, the clear bra has done a fantastic job protecting the paint. In fact, the unprotected area (the chrome VW badge, front license plate) shows pitting from being sandblasted by freeway debris, but the clear bra is unaffected and the front of the car looks like brand new.

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
OK, I am sold on the clear bra but now I just have to find someplace that does it up here on Vancouver Island. Time to Google again!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A bra is kinda like a bed liner on a pick-up. It will destroy the paint it is suppose to protect. Ya, sooooooooooooooo 80's.

The clear bras aren't that bad of an idea though............

vw2011

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI,2012 Passat TDI,DSG (Golf TDI sold)
I installed clear bra and its worth it period , protect form chips on the road ,try tint windows shop i did in New Jersey. Shop have computer software and they can cut and wrap hole car if you want

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
I installed clear bra and its worth it period , protect form chips on the road ,try tint windows shop i did in New Jersey. Shop have computer software and they can cut and wrap hole car if you want

I am thinking about it for my 2012 passat..Where is NJ did you get it done and how much did they charge?

Sungold

TDI
2012 -Golf, DSG
I just (Saturday 10/29) got PPF on my 2012 Golf. Had it done at The Tint Shop on Rt.1 in Edison, New Jersey. Cost is variable depending on what you have done. Mine ran about 600. which included (bumper, grill, hood, fenders, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door handle cups and top of the rear bumper just below the hatch. They used Avery Nano Fusion film. As the guy (Rich) who installed it said to me; "if you know its there, you can see it, if you don't know it's there you dont see it.
To me it all depends on the particular angle that your viewing it from as to whether you see it or not. "it's clear, not invisible". If you call (732-650-9100), ask for Rich- he's the guy who installs it, he's been doing this since 1999, he knows what he's doing. BTW, I dont know these people or anyone associated with them. I just know they did a good job for me.

Last edited:

vw2011

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI,2012 Passat TDI,DSG (Golf TDI sold)
Did mine 2011 golf in same shop (tint shop,edison, nj) price about the same Rich is great, i did full rear bumper and rear windows too ,together with clear bra very happy with job.

deucelee

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI 6MT ___ Plat Gray on Black
I just (Saturday 10/29) got PPF on my 2012 Golf. Had it done at The Tint Shop on Rt.1 in Edison, New Jersey. Cost is variable depending on what you have done. Mine ran about 600. which included (bumper, grill, hood, fenders, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door handle cups and top of the rear bumper just below the hatch. They used Avery Nano Fusion film. As the guy (Rich) who installed it said to me; "if you know its there, you can see it, if you don't know it's there you dont see it.
To me it all depends on the particular angle that your viewing it from as to whether you see it or not. "it's clear, not invisible". If you call (732-650-9100), ask for Rich- he's the guy who installs it, he's been doing this since 1999, he knows what he's doing. BTW, I dont know these people or anyone associated with them. I just know they did a good job for me.
they literally did the WHOLE hood? and the fender? if so, then wow...nice

i only did a third up the hood...you can see the line where the paint protection stops. however, i could care a less what anyone thinks about it cus it's purely for protection from rock chips and i know i won't win any car shows...and if i don't like it, i'll redo it 5yrs from now.

Sungold

TDI
2012 -Golf, DSG
Mine is the same as you describe. About a third up the hood and that line matches into the line on the quarter panels/fenders. If you are standing by the front doors and look at the hood, yes you can see a slight visible line. If you are standing in front of the car, the line is less visible. As you say, it for protection, I'm ok with it. "it's clear , it's not invisible". :)

RARROYO

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen

I guess I'm bringing up a thread from the past but I'm debating on either going for the old school front end nose mask or going with the newer 3m technology clear plastic tape. I would greatly appreciate feedback on both, if possible.
Thank you. I live in the northeast, where we get a variety of weather including snow.