Houston TDI owners

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
HotRodDiesels said:
2002 Jetta, auto, stock for now.
www.HotRodDiesels.com This is who I am.
Here's what I'm looking for: I need someone to advise me on learning my Jetta.
I do not have time to do the research.
What I will do in return is offer the use of my shop to the right individual in exchange for walking me through the maintenance and upgrades.

I would also like to offer my location as a site for a GTG.

If yall would be interested in seeing a 10 second drag truck I have one here :D

Also, I have Vagcom if yall need the use of it, the only thing I ask is you have to show me how to use it ;)

I don't have much time to get on here, so someone contact me directly, 832-932-1432 Michael
Hey Michael -- Do you know any place I might get a dyno done locally? I've called the five local places I can find on a yahoo search. The only place that was even willing to do it was on 249 & BW8, but they don't have floor restraints enough for a FWD car. Waiting on a call back from a place on 1960, but I don't see that coming through either.

I can show you how to use your VAG COM. I watched SBAtdijetta connect it to my car. It's not hard. There are some internet resources out there also.

j...

** EDIT **

Michael -- Thanks for the referral. I'm dynoing at David's in Pasadena on Monday. He's got an optical. Forgot to ask what kind of dyno it is. He said smoke is okay, so do some of the rest of ya'll locally or not so locally want to come?

Last edited:

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior
Anyone use these guys to rebuild a TDI VNT? http://www.fwdperformance.com/ I had another Garrett rebuilder in mind but they had licensing issues and were not allowed to touch manifold hotside type turbo's.... so....

I have a new 1856 in which I would like someone else to go through it before I bolt it in....

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Sc0 said:
Anyone use these guys to rebuild a TDI VNT? http://www.fwdperformance.com/ I had another Garrett rebuilder in mind but they had licensing issues and were not allowed to touch manifold hotside type turbo's.... so....

I have a new 1856 in which I would like someone else to go through it before I bolt it in....
I would talk to Scott_dewitt he is here in TX and does turbos and other stuff. I think his re builder is in Waco, Majestic Turbo IIRC...
-Steve

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
SBAtdijetta said:
I would talk to Scott_dewitt he is here in TX and does turbos and other stuff. I think his re builder is in Waco, Majestic Turbo IIRC...
-Steve
My friend Jeff got a bad "refurbished" DSM turbo from Majestic...

Hope they've cleaned up their QC.

06JettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Thank you blue.... may have to take you up on that... Dad coming in town for Christmas and he has a NB TDI... Probably responsible for me getting the TDI Jetta... :) I like it so far... rides a little rougher than my honda but so far I have travelled 450 mile on 2/3 tank... no complaints there!!! Looking forward to filling up for the first time... will get some gloves just in case... not that I am afraid of ulsd.... being in the oil industry and all.... just dont want to stink of diesel in the office... cause it still stinks... :)

06JettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Well I look forward to y'all dropping in at Christmas... definitely want to get the oil and filters changed out... Look forward to seeing the picts of the 71 bug!!

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06JettaGuy said:
Looking forward to filling up for the first time... will get some gloves just in case... not that I am afraid of ulsd.... being in the oil industry and all.... just dont want to stink of diesel in the office... cause it still stinks... :)
I love the smell of Diesel in the morning...:D

Really I do, it smells 100% better than gasoline...

06JettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
SBAtdijetta said:
I love the smell of Diesel in the morning...:D

Really I do, it smells 100% better than gasoline...
In that case... I will fill up in the morning... maybe I will love the smell of Diesel as well... It will go well with my hot joe!! :)

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
06JettaGuy -- There is a Oil Change DIY somewhere in the A5 discussion area. Probably in the FAQs. Also, consider taking your car to Mike at BarTuning for your oil change and ask him give the car a good once over.
He's a trusted mechanic, has a killer shop, family run business...and a forum member.

j...

** Edited to include 05.5 - 06.5 FAQ/DIY **

Last edited:

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
velociT said:
My friend Jeff got a bad "refurbished" DSM turbo from Majestic...

Hope they've cleaned up their QC.
Hmm interesting how long ago was this? Did they replace/fix it?

Just curious as I'm getting mine new from elsewhere, but I had not heard anything bad until now. Scott says they do good work of course as he uses them often.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
SBAtdijetta said:
Hmm interesting how long ago was this? Did they replace/fix it?

Just curious as I'm getting mine new from elsewhere, but I had not heard anything bad until now. Scott says they do good work of course as he uses them often.
This was a few years ago. He sent it back, but it took almost a month to get it back.

Not saying they're a bad company, that's just the only experience I have with them.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
GSloan said:
Anyone in Houston that might be able to help me install a TT short throw shifter? :) Thanks in advance.
I hear those are a pain. I don't know how to do this. again, maybe there's a DIY on the forum?

j...

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior
Are you doing the shifter bracket on the tranny or the shift handle portion?

Bear-X

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Sc0 said:
Are you doing the shifter bracket on the tranny or the shift handle portion?
The shifter bracket in the tranny. :) The car's going to be down next weekend - Sending my ECU off to Rocketchip. Would be a perfect time to do it if anyone's free.

texanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM)
Anyone in the houston area that has ALH timing belt tools?

Hey:

I saw this post and wondered if I could piggy back; I am in a crunch with time and need a set of timing belt tools. Does anyone have a set I can rent? I will of course pick up and drop off. Please call me on my cell if you could; 713-679-9029.

Thanks,
Nate

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I gotta question for you Houstonians. I am setting up a schedule with Bartuning for some IC pipes. what is the word on them. I know a little about them, but just some reassurance would be great!

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDikook said:
I gotta question for you Houstonians. I am setting up a schedule with Bartuning for some IC pipes. what is the word on them. I know a little about them, but just some reassurance would be great!
I have heard Mike is good, and that is where my car is right now. ;) No real personal feedback yet I am hoping my car/parts will be done sometime soon.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
jaydogg007 said:
Bear-X said:
The shifter bracket in the tranny. :) The car's going to be down next weekend - Sending my ECU off to Rocketchip. Would be a perfect time to do it if anyone's free.
I hear those are a pain. I don't know how to do this. again, maybe there's a DIY on the forum?

j...
I installed a DG short shifter, it was not fun (bloody knuckles and such) but it was not that bad, and I love the thing!

Bear, don't know if you have seen it but we are trying to get a GTG going and get Jeff w/ RC down here, coming soon. Not sure if you want to wait for that or not, but the thread is in this section, check it out anyway and come even if you do get chipped before.

DrBadger

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
Heights area (Shady Acres) 2009 JSW Graphite Blue metallic...

I think I have seen you around Goldfish... I have noticed a white JSW TDI around the I-10/610 area. Not too many of us around!

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
DrBadger said:
Not too many of us around!

Not so sure....this is post #118! (well, ok....there is a bit of chit chat in the thread :) )