2018 Tiguan 4motion (AWD) rated by EPA at 21/27 (23)

Max Period

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Comfortline
184 HP 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3B with 4motion

EPA unrounded fuel economy ratings for this vehicle: (MPG)

City: 20.8
Highway: 26.7692
Combined: 23.12

L/100 km conversion (official Canadian rating, converted from EPA unrounded MPG)

City: 11.3
Highway: 8.8
Combined: 10.2

Compared to the FWD version, fuel consumption increases by the following: (according to EPA unrounded ratings)

City: 6.3%
Highway: 1.1%
Combined: 4.2%

EPA fuel economy page for this vehicle
Canadian fuel economy page for this vehicle

EPA's record of this vehicle in XML format
(Explanation of data fields)

Last edited:

KrisA

TDI
2010 Golf SportWagen
I've thought of doing the buyback on my TDI and getting one of these. Big fuel economy hit though. I was driving with 3 bikes on my TDI, one on the roof two on the hitch rack, going 115kph into a 40km/h headwind and I still averaged 7 L/100 KM.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Compared to the FWD version, fuel consumption increases by the following: (according to EPA unrounded ratings)
Unusual for the front wheel drive to receive lower fuel economy than the all wheel drive.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Unusual for the front wheel drive to receive lower fuel economy than the all wheel drive.
Re-read it.

"Compared to the FWD version, fuel consumption increases..."

Meaning in his comparison, the 4motion version increases consumption by the quoted percentage points over the FWD version... In layman's terms, the 4motion burns more fuel.

Although looking at fueleconomy.gov yields identical highway ratings and the FWD version yields 1 MPG better city and 1 MPG better combined...

Max Period

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Comfortline
EPA MPG ratings are rounded to the nearest integer. For instance, a vehicle's rated 16 MPG under a certain condition could be somewhere between 15.50 and 16.49 MPG.

Last edited: