www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:57   #1
LuxuryNeil

Default Fitting a 1.9tdi (AHU) to audi b5 quattro 2.5tdi (AFB)

I'm going to swap out my 2.5tdi for a 1.9tdi.

I've got 2 AHU engines here from mk3 golfs so am going to use the one as a base.

I'm in the process of getting hold of a loom and ecu as i sold these! these are coming off a 2004 octavia with 90hp ALH engine ECU code 038906012. I'm also going to try and get the injection pump as i think its an 11mm pump?

am i doing the right things? will this ecu and loom hook up to my car/dash perfectly? and i think the ecu is odb flashable?

what turbo and other modifications will i be looking for to get around 200hp?

the car already has the 01e 6speed gearbox.

I will post anything i find out, i'm hoping also for a bit of knowledge from you guys.

Thanks, Neil
LuxuryNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 00:23   #2
LuxuryNeil

OK it wasn't an 11mm pump. part number ended in 107d not 107j
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:47   #3
k_harley

This is a topic that not many know about here since we never had the B5 chassis with an AHU.

However, some of us like myself have put an AHU or ALH into a B5.

Should be pretty straight forward for you as long as you have all the parts needed. Since you are somewhere in Europe, this shouldnt be a problem since all that stuff was available over there.

One thing to look at closely before you start. Look at your block and make sure it has bosses for the longitudinal engine mounts.

What year is your B5 Audi? You can find a plug and play harness as long as its the same year as the chassis.

For 200hp you will need some big injectors, at least a 2056ish size turbo and a big intercooler.
k_harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 23:47   #4
LuxuryNeil

yea i'm seriously considering the easy option now, buying a cheap 1.9 b5 then i got all parts right infront of me. install it then start thinking about engine upgrades after as this is my daily driver...
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:12   #5
Seatman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: No idea

Not sure what the dash etc is like on yours but the early A4 did come with the AHU as standard so I would've thought that'd be an easier loom to use?

Did we get an A4 with the ALH?
Seatman is offline   Reply With Quote