Malone stage 2 tune

Barker1632

TDI
Murdered 2006 jetta
Lots of questions here. What am I looking at with a stage 2 Malone tune? Do I need to do any upgrades besides that? What gauges would I need/ be useful besides boost? Is boost creep harmful or just produce more smoke? With my exhaust, could I just cut my resonator and cat or would an actual kit make a differce in performance or sound. Sorry for all the questions. If anyone could answer all these or even half that'd help a ton. Any other useful information would be much appreciated. The car is a 2006 Jetta 1.9 tdi, dsg transmission. Thank you again for any information!

HogWrangler

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
I believe thaat they suggest at least a 2.5 inch exhaust, especially the downpipe. Definitely need a boost gauge and it wouldn't hurt to have a pyrometer(egt) as well. Boost creep would actually cause less smoke due to spikes in boost means more air. Smoke=too much fuel, not enough air. Also, do you have a manual or auto tranny? What turbo are you running?

Edit: I just read where you have an auto. There is a DSG tune that you might want to look in to

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
A bigger exhaust on a stock PD with a Stage II will just make boost creep worse, don't bother touching the exhaust.

ttwirz

TDI
2010 JSW
I just got a Malone Stage II on a 2010 JSW. Everything else stayed stock. From what I have read its ok to leave exhaust stock in cooler climates. my car is a comuter so I need it to be reliable and drivable. This tune seams to fit that bill. better acceleration all around.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I didn't know that. When I got my 1.5 tune Andrew at AARodriguez told me a stage 2 required a 2.5 or larger exhaust
Please send me a copy of that email, that is so wrong and I never would have said that.

Stage 2 requires VCDS logging or a boost gauge.

poormanq45

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW/2006 Jetta BRM
We have a Stage 2 tune from Andrew and Mark on our BRM. It works beautifully with no creep issues. No other modifications have been made.

It really wakes the car up.