ALH Manifold on 1Z/AHU

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
You planning on replumbing your intake tubing?

-Todd

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
No info on the above. I'm running a PD intake and home made race pipe. I'm going back to an egr, though.

-Todd

Skenzi

TDI
1997 jetta
I have that same intake, and a race pipe off of UK ebay.. works great, except the race pipe diameter was bigger than my boots

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
there are literally a dozen or more options, most of which are modifications of some stock manifold or another. some are easy to fit, some require major intake plumbing modifications

if you are looking for bolt on: the one you posted or something like it from Europe is plug and play. there are a few variations of 1z/ahu/aaz manifolds. also the PD or SDI manifolds with a race pipe as mentioned

if you can weld aluminum or know someone that can, your imagination is the limit when it comes to modifying what you have or something that is readily available.

here are a few part numbers and links you can look up and see whats out there:
028129713K (the one you posted)
028129713J
038129713AG
028129713E
038129713F
028129713C

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co....ustom-aluminum-1-9-tdi-8v-inlet-manifold.html
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1691773

just look the part #s up on a google image search or on ebay to see whats cheap/plentiful.

mahir

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
Sorry for opening this theread but does a AGR Intake manifold (038129713J)fit a ALH. On my intake manifold i got a stripped threads and wanted to change it so my friend has one but its from a AGR.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Sorry for opening this theread but does a AGR Intake manifold (038129713J)fit a ALH. On my intake manifold i got a stripped threads and wanted to change it so my friend has one but its from a AGR.
As far as i know, yes it will bolt on and any aftermarket for an 8v TDI will asl well.
You mean EGR?
The intake manifld has threads only to mount the EGR and im assuming thats whats stripped?

Swap it for a PD130 or PD150, its a direct bolt on and deletes the EGR or you can bolt on a EGR easily and an adapter pipe.
Or you can buy the performance one from Kerma!

If you just need to fix the threads on the back, drill and tap them bigger or helicoil or timesert it. Another good way to fix it is with Alumaloy braising rod, all you need is a stainless steel brush, the rods, a propane torch and some practice.

mahir

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
I would not delete the egr valve. I got a new one from mahle 2 months ago becouse mine was leaking. You dont get any power and a light on the dashboard from my view and i rather stick with cleaning it every year or two then having that.

https://i.imgur.com/fXqQDBD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H1KPBcz.jpg

Also today i went to take the AGR intake manifold from my friend it costs me 0$ and a used one i saw on our market for 60$ so i will stick with this one. Is the difference in power gain big between a AGR and ALH intake manifold.

Could i been having less power thil now becouse i was driving it without a bold where the egr valve and intake manifold connect ?

the int man i got today

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
EGR has nothing to do with power, only taking some of it away due to oil and soot mix but its soo small that it does NOTHING measurable. Now on a power build, thats a different story.

a PD150/130 would have been a better option here. work is the same.