Tiguan with CJAA

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
complete

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, the poor Tiggy was cut short with no TDI option. And the only gasoline engine they got here is a turd, which makes an otherwise decent package a miserable vehicle to this Volkswagen fan.

Kudos on your swap! Is this a FWD or 4mo Tig?

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
Congrats - that's what my next swap was going to be as well...only problem I have with this is the 6 spds are all FWD :(

I'm wondering why you didn't order a EU harness though? would have saved you a lot of time no? If I'm doing this swap I'd track the exact engine that was offered in EU and bring in the harness for plug and play functionality...in fact I'm surprised the harness wasn't the same to begin with? They're built on the same platform no?

what did you do for clutch? stock tranny I`m guessing? how does this affect emissions where you're from or you don't need to worry about it?

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
It started life as a 6 spd so for US customers that means only FWD. I wanted to keep the variables down so I could finish it! Haha.

I did toy with the idea of getting a complete 4mo running gear from Frans (he quoted me the total package) but decided to go with the local parts car option.
as far as the mq500 or 0a6 bits, all you need is the transmission and transfer case
the gasoline/automatic rear drive bits and propshaft are all the same. Even the rf axle shaft is proper.

transfer case has a different spline, but the automatic tcase will bolt up to the manual trans, just won't touch either drive spline (rf axle, or diff carrier spline).

LMU code diesel tiguan trans' are somewhat common on ebayuk and I got one shipped over for $1k, then later on had to find a tcase for another $350 or so because I didn't know they didn't interchange.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Cool swap! Get some pics up! :)

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
willing to share wiring details/pinouts?

im doing a b6 passat to a CJAA motor as well.

i did a mk5 jetta wagon 2.5L to CJAA last summer, curious to see how different the wiring is

igiveup

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, 2009 Jetta
I have a '09 Jetta TDI that's a bit rough on the body but still runs great. I've seen lot of B6 passat wagons for around a $1000. I'm itching to swap in the diesel.

Easy enough? from your description vwztips it doesn't sound like plug and play.

My swapping days date back to early MK3s with IDI engines.

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
I have a CBEA in what was a 06 DSG Jetta. Wiring was a headache very few people willing to help(including Strider17 one way only) Matt from Wichita helped big time. Shops I contacted said I was crazy or it won't work. Well now we know it can work but now clowns I bought the Malone tune thru are jerking me around. Telling me my tune needs to be a Stage 5. Been waiting a month!

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Don't think we've heard anything from the shop on our end Herb other than a recent email on payment, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll give you and the shop a call. If you're putting a 2260, water meth and CP3 on it, yes you'll need an appropriate tune.

Last edited:

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Gas to diesel swap is a little more involved(relays etc to be added) potentional is worth it. Now I learn I need a CKRA engine to make really big power, start looking.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Hmmm, can you PM me details of your swap? I can shoot you my email in that. I've got a '09 Tiggy pushing 100k miles and considered this swap many times. Might be a good idea to start collecting stuff before something $$$ fails, so I'm ready.

BTW - its 4Motion that I would plan on keeping.

Jason

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
At this point any hiccups you ran into or problems to look for. What parts from each car you had to use. Also did ABS/EPB give you problems? I am following another thread where someone is doing the swap and having problems coding ABS.

I saw where you said the brake switch was being a problem and had to swap the Golf switch to make ECM happy. Details like this.

Thanks!

Jason

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon