Floor Jacks - any good ones out there??

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I think the floor in floor jack means keep on the same story as you use it.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
No problem. Pick out your favorite floor jack. You know, the one that rolls around nicely on your garage floor. Then get 2 4 foot lengths of 2 x 6. When you need the jack, just put the wood down to make a suitable platform and jack away.

If this doesn't work, you'll need a 6 man inflatable raft. Slide that under the vehicle, put the wood platform on top, then inflate.

Cheers,

PH

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
I didn't read this whole thread, but it's hard to beat the Harbor Freight Chinese Racing Jacks. They have 1.5 and 3 ton. Also low profile.

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
I didn't read this whole thread, but it's hard to beat the Harbor Freight Chinese Racing Jacks. They have 1.5 and 3 ton. Also low profile.

X2 I use the HF 2 ton RapidPump Aluminum Racing low profile jack and have ZERO complaints

Hey, RabbitGTI, post #27 is yours from over a year ago stating the same thing. lol! this thread is 10 years old with 2 resurrections

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I'll just buy a jack from Harbor Freight- I have the 1.5 ton aluminum racing one. I've had it 3 or 4 years now, works good still. My son bought the Daytona 3 ton low profile steel one(orange), that one works really nice and lifts really high(I think around 24"), but it is HEAVY. I also have a craftsman floor jack in a plastic case, a Husky one I bought when we had our Jeep, as that one had a piece you could add to get more height, but that one leaks down and has a problem lifting now. I also have an old K-mart floor jack we bought for my Dad way back in the early 80's, it actually still works.