Rear calipers

Toots

TDI
2005 passat gls tdi
Hi! Having a problem with my brakes. Changed rear brakes and calipers. Having problems getting brakes back. Right rear caliper self adjusted to tighten on brake but left rear caliper has not self adjusted. Is is ok to adjust caliper manually? Do I have to do something with the abs system? If so, what? First bleed brakes without block behind pedal. Now using block but still can't get brakes to work. Can anybody give me a step by step on changing rear brakes and calipers and then bleeding line to get brakes back? This is driving me crazy... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
If you let the fluid in the reservoir drop too far you may have introduced air into the system and the ABS pump which will require VCDS computer interface pump triggering to correct.

Are you able to push fluid out of the open LR bleeder with the pedal?

Last edited:

Toots

TDI
2005 passat gls tdi
I have helped change brakes and calipers on a chevy but have never done it on a vw. This may be easy for most people but I just can't figure it out. I don't think the brake fluid reservoir went empty. I am a woman trying to help my son save repair bill money on repairs that can be done at home. So, should I just keep bleeding the brakes till no air comes through? Does the left caliper need to be done using ebrake first then brake pedal? Would it be easier to get a bleeding kit or is the 2 person way ok?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Brakes are all the same. Sounds like your right rear caliper is stuck. May need r and/or r.