'03 Jetta 5spd Seattle 162K mi. $5,500

smithj

TDI
2003 Jetta
'03 Jetta 5spd Seattle 162K mi. $5,500. SOLD

I'm going to list it on craigslist soon and wanted to offer it up here first. I bought it from a friend in 09 with 91k on it. It needed the intake cleaned and I replaced the timming belt at the same time with a kit from ID parts and rented the tools from metalnerd.
The boost in power from a clean intake put the bug in me to do some performance upgrades and with the help from the performance upgrade section here on this site I've done the following mods.
17/22 hybrid turbo, PP520 nozzles, Malone tune, DC Stage 3 clutch, 3bar MAP, Nicktane 1 micron glass fuel filter, New South Boost and EGT duel steering colum pod, Billstien TC struts and shocks, Audi TT LCA bushings, Midwest Light Creation HID's and euro switch, JVC deck, Winter air filter w/no snow screen. Frost heater. I've also replaced the normal maintenance stuff that comes up such as glow plugs, MAF, battery, tires and I've always used Mobil1 TDT.
My wife is getting a new car and we dont need 4 cars for two people so I've decided my baby needs to find a new owner :(
I'm throwing in the VAG COM laptop and the Flashzilla tuner box too!
If I was shopping for an alh and came across this one,this is what I'd hope the owner would disclose: It will need a timing belt kit in 30k miles, the passenger heated seat needs a new switch, the passenger mirror is a slightly different shade of blue, there are some rock chips on the hood, the windsheild has a crack on the passenger side.
Thanks for looking, Doug
https://goo.gl/photos/PPPebvuwiXC38Zy48
Update 7/6: I forgot to mention it also has an oil pan skid plate and I've had the windshield replaced.

Last edited:

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Beautiful car. If you were on the other coast - I'd seriously consider it.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
That is a pretty fantastic ALH and the price is great. The trip back across to NC would be fun.... Do you have any info from the previous owner as far as maintenance, problems, fixes, etc. Any wrecks in it's life so far?

smithj

TDI
2003 Jetta
No wrecks since I've owned it. He told me he hit a deer and got a new hood and grill parts. He was the type of guy that took it to the dealer for everything. So maintenance wise I didn't get any details. I've got maintenance documents on almost everything I've done, and I've kept most of the stuff I've replaced. I've got the stock wheels,stereo,turbo,bently manuals,headlights...etc. I live close to the airport and can pick you up!

Mountain TDI

TDI
2002 and 2003 Jettas and 2015 Passat 6M
Nicely refinished BBS wheels! My favorite OEM wheel style for the MK4's.
I had some BBS RXIIs on my car these look like clones I just bought thru Costco the Velox Apex metallic black maybe

The BBS had bolts around the perimeter don't see them here. Nice Looking though

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
buy guy from CT wanted to buy all of that from you for your asking price, he tried to call you the other day

smithj

TDI
2003 Jetta
I did talk to him, but I was getting a lot of responses from craigslist by then.
I sold it to a local ARMY guy for a bit of a discount. He's a diesel mechanic that I couldn't convince his ODB2 stuff probably wouldn't work on a VW.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I did talk to him, but I was getting a lot of responses from craigslist by then.
I sold it to a local ARMY guy for a bit of a discount. He's a diesel mechanic that I couldn't convince his ODB2 stuff probably wouldn't work on a VW.
Well done.