Saturday Went of without a "hitch"

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
I didnt plan on working on my car ALL day today. I was installing some new brakes on my Wagon today and thought since the car is in the garage I might as well build a trailer hitch for it.... haha! It was a lot of work but Im happy with how it turned out. My rear bumper wasn't in the greatest shape so I wasn't too worried about trimming for the hitch. I wanted to keep it high anyway. Start to finish took me about 6 hours.... Total cost was around $50. I hope to get a chance to use it soon! I think it should be plenty stout. Downside is it is very heavy! I dont have my wiring installed yet but I will be fine for hauling bikes and stuff.

PS- I credit "Ookpic" for the design and itstall of this hitch. Thanks for the inspiration!

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
I posted this in the "show what you tow" thread but thought I would share it here as well. I pulled my little camper with the new hitch yesterday. It worked great. No issues. Im pleased.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
That wagon is bad ass! Any pics of the camper set up?

-Todd

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks! Its our little expedition camper. :) I built the trailer from an old toyota truck bed, some 2.5" .250 wall tubing and some tool boxes I got at a yard sale. It has a CVT roof top tent and awning.... on board water, sink, stove, water heater, potty, 12v power system, heater, and LED lighting. It weighs around 1500lbs. Sleeps 4. I will post some pics of it in use.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
Wanted a 2" receiver and it cost me $50. :) If someone had made a 2" hitch fro an mk4 I would have bought it.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Photobucket is extorting everyone who uses the free version. I'm curious to see where this goes....

I'm not paying them $400 per year, and I can't imagine the time it'd take to move all the pics and fix the links.

-Todd

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah its not just my photos...its everyone trying to use 3rd party link sharing! Its ridiculous. There is no way I am paying nor am I re posting all my pictures. What a shame. I have 2600 photos on Photobucket and have threads all over the place.... its all gone. :( what a scam! People are going to flip!

Too bad your Photobucket account doesn't allow you to post photos here. All I see is this: http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/c...68_5605004527388809964_n_zpsjwdryxzg.jpg.html

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Yeah its not just my photos...its everyone trying to use 3rd party link sharing! Its ridiculous. There is no way I am paying nor am I re posting all my pictures. What a shame. I have 2600 photos on Photobucket and have threads all over the place.... its all gone. :( what a scam! People are going to flip!
Man, what sleazeballs! It would probably be cheaper to run your own server. If you do decide to leave pb, imgur is a good place.

Oo-v-oO

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta Expired... Now 2000 Golf & 2002 Golf
I have heard that it would be advisable to download any photos you want to keep as PB may be going down the tubes soon.

I use Flickr. Easy linking of a wide range of sizes, automatic backup from my phone, and a Terabyte of free storage. What's not to like?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I have heard that it would be advisable to download any photos you want to keep as PB may be going down the tubes soon.

I use Flickr. Easy linking of a wide range of sizes, automatic backup from my phone, and a Terabyte of free storage. What's not to like?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Thanks.;)

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Try using gyazo, it's a screen shot program that automatically loads them to the web. Not the highest quality images, but they leave files up indefinitely and the single click taskbar option makes it very convenient.

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
I have been using Photobucket for 7 years and have 11,000 photos plastered all over the internet on many different forums.... So this really sucks! People are actually PM'ing me and comment on my forums are are mad at me because my pictures dont work! It sucks!......but there is no way I am paying a cent to PhotoBucket! Maybe the "Netflix effect" will happen to them with this ridiculous price increase!

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Tapatalk lets you post photos directly into your posts without you needing to upload them somewhere else first or copy Bbcode etc...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
I believe there's a Chrome plugin but I pretty much never look at forums on my actual computer anymore.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Tapatalk lets you post photos directly into your posts without you needing to upload them somewhere else first or copy Bbcode etc...

The biggest problem here with photos posted from phone software is that they sometimes are so large that you need two monitors to see them and they make the thread unreadable. The software on this site doesn't automatically resize photos as it's so old.