FS: 1999.5 and 2001 jetta TDI - Colorado

Austincanflyy

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI Black
http://imgur.com/a/y6AO5
I recently got laid off and started my own business, I likely need to upgrade to an suv or truck so these babies might have to go. The black car was totaled in hail storm last year. I bought the white one with the intention of swapping all my performance parts into the white one and just scrap that black one.

Details - Black 1999.5 jetta tdi gls, 220,000 miles - totaled title
Again this car was destroyed in last years hail storm. Total body hail dmg, hole in bumper, side mirrors destroyed, rain fairing destroyed, windshield cracked, antenna annihilated. In addition to all that the heater core went out a few month ago. The car still runs, but coolant will build up on the windshield. Also rust forming on roof, inside is in poor condition, and lots of other minor issue. Likely a scrap vehicle. This car does have all the performance parts though that I intended to move to the newer white jetta. All work done by local guru anut.
-SB stage 2 daily clutch - <20,000miles
-Bilstein TC 4575/2917 shock & strut set w/ koni springs - 35,000miles
-S7 BW turbo charger - <20,000miles
-Bosio pp520 injectors
-Sirius radio head unit w/ transmitter
-Diesel geek skid plate
-misc specialty 99.5 parts

-2001 white jetta tdi gls - 168,000miles
I just bought this car so I don't know a lot about it. The car is in excellent shape, this was truly a find. The paint looks like it’s been garage kept its whole life. Interior is in great shape for being 15 years old.

Bad
-ABS light comes on occasionally. Could be an easy fix, not really sure. I have a spare abs module if needed.
-Dent on rear bumper

Good
-low miles
-great condition
-heated seats
-power sun roof
-TB done recently
-17" summer rims (not pictured) along with the stock 15"
-straight piped – I don’t know about this one, some sort of muffler mod.

I really want to sell these as a pair just to make things easy. I know what I paid for the white one, but have no clue what the black one is worth. What are both vehicles worth as a pair. Make me an offer.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Son lives in FoCo and may be needing a car. Is a straight-piped car legal to register in CO? More interested in the white one if you split them.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I checked and part of Larimer County require emissions, which I assume is within Ft. Collins itself. The CODMV site shows: "Any diesel vehicle model year 2003 or older is required to undergo emissions testing annually." for those locations requiring emissions inspections. I'm still in a quandary for that, then.