700 Mile club Who's in?

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Roger that. I see you work in the mortgage biz, as do I. Currently, I'm with ABFS, but am making a move to Wells Fargo's auto finance division. Without pasting my resume I'll tell you I did 7.5 years with Advanta and spent about a month out in your neck of the woods in the Summer of 1999. Bottom line, I would much rather have your views on my 100 mile ride than mine.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Wow... I'm only doing about 75-80 miles a day
. 35 miles each way to work, plus misc. driving. Of course, once you average in two trips to Ohio every month, that raises my average. The MD-OH-MD trip is about 750 miles round trip. But, of course, that's in my Sprinter van. I've put over 20k miles on the Sprinter in the 7 months I've owned it!

zinkengruven

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 2003 Indigo Blue
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I only had the fuel light come on once, @ 1140 km so I guess that's just over 700 miles. I did it just because I could. Vented, disabled EGR, 2/3 highway 1/3 city 5 spd tire pressures ~35 psi. I haven't run the tank that low since.

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Roger that. I see you work in the mortgage biz, as do I. Currently, I'm with ABFS, but am making a move to Wells Fargo's auto finance division. Without pasting my resume I'll tell you I did 7.5 years with Advanta and spent about a month out in your neck of the woods in the Summer of 1999. Bottom line, I would much rather have your views on my 100 mile ride than mine.
What's with us mortgage folk driving these great distances to and from work?

Sam Margulis
FCM Corporation
Underwriter
VPBanking operations.

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Tell me about it. This is it for me though, nothing further than what I have committed to with Wells.

The job I am leaving behind is V.P. of Project Management in their Default Servicing area. Good job, but a shaky
scene here for about the last year, so it's time to put down roots in a Co. with better certainty.

greggyc1

TDI
2001 New Beetle Cool White
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

800+ miles most of the time...interstate driving 100 mile round trip commute.

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

TDI is mamma's ride, and I can't get anywhere near her mileage. She is NON vented, and heading for 1200 (km, not miles) on this tank, doing erands in and out of the city (only 10 miles of highway, rest surface streets). Car has 70,000 kms on the clock, on fat, sticky Michelin 16s. This tank is her best ever, since she is showing off to her sister and holding the speed down to the posted limit. This is one really nice car but I can't drive it that slow!!

Pat

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Well...I'm well on my way. Can anyone tell me what I'm in for? My fuel gauge hasn't moved hardly at all...still on the 1/1 line, finally starting to wiggle a little at 202 miles! I have some pix, but will take a better one in the morning, as it was dark when I got home tonight. Anyone crossed the 200 mile mark still on the 1/1 care to share what they got on the tank?

Thanks

Sam

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Anyone crossed the 200 mile mark still on the 1/1 care to share what they got on the tank?
Yep, just did that this morning! I looked down at about 190 miles and still on full... looked down at 202 miles and needle barely moving (still touching the line).

Your mileage really will come down to the fill level. Howeve,r I would bet you're getting over 50 MPG. Could be as high as 54 MPG. Let me know if I'm right!

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Anyone crossed the 200 mile mark still on the 1/1 care to share what they got on the tank?
Yep, just did that this morning! I looked down at about 190 miles and still on full... looked down at 202 miles and needle barely moving (still touching the line).

Your mileage really will come down to the fill level. Howeve,r I would bet you're getting over 50 MPG. Could be as high as 54 MPG. Let me know if I'm right!
Let you know?!!!
At this rate, It will be a week before I know!!!

Here is a picture I took this morning...hard to hold the camera phone steady so the pict is a bit blurred, but the needle is floating between full and 7/8....going up a steap hill, it shows 7/8, down hill, full...so really in between!

Notice I just crossed 19k on the car as well! That's almost 5,500 miles I've put on the car in just 2 months! I've got my 5w-40 Euro Oil from Amsoil, just waiting on my Hastings filter now...

Enjoy the link to the picture!

Diesel Mileage!!

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Damn brotha and that's on an auto.! Saweet.
Yep yep...but man...talk about testing my own patients driving 60 and 55 up hill! Oh man...I just have to keep grooving to the beat of the Monsoon and keep my right foot happy other ways!

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I hear you loud and clear. I snail it back and forth every day with the needle locked on 55mph. I'm telling you it feels more like a brisk walk than it does a speed limit.

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I hear you loud and clear. I snail it back and forth every day with the needle locked on 55mph. I'm telling you it feels more like a brisk walk than it does a speed limit.
LMAO!!! "Brisk Walk" I even find myself saying, "Hey, there's a pothole, I think I'll miss it by inches....waiting, waiting, okay now....whew, that was close...now where is the next groove in the pavement?"

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

I'm beginning to think I should sit on a phone book and get some of those terminator glasses to finish off my old-man approach to driving.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

needle is floating between full and 7/8
Yep... keep that up for the rest of the tank and you're in for 50+ MPG for sure! Not easy to do on an auto... from what I gather. My brother has been getting about 43-45 MPG on his 5-speed 03 Golf, but I think his air filter needs replacing... and VW lost a part to his intake when replacing his engine... so he's sucking hot air instread of cold

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Also, I just decided that I will now be driving with my right turn signal flashing indefinitely.

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Also, I just decided that I will now be driving with my right turn signal flashing indefinitely.
MUWAHHAAAHAAAAA!!! Right signal on, and constantly keep pulling to the left and hitting the dots in the middle of the road.

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Maybe to live up to your part you could drive with one foot on the go pedal and the other on the stop pedal?

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Maybe to live up to your part you could drive with one foot on the go pedal and the other on the stop pedal?
Oh but wait...I don't have a regenerative braking system. If the brakes made biodiesel out of corn, then I'd consider it. We are trying to decrease drag, aren't we?

I will ride around with my rear windshield wiper on though!

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Oh but wait...I don't have a regenerative braking system. If the brakes made biodiesel out of corn, then I'd consider it. We are trying to decrease drag, aren't we?

__. *HEY, HEY, HEY* You guys are really hurting the feelings of all us grey-haired, broken down, old, cheap, retired guys who drive slow. But, you don't need to worry about it -- you're young, cocky, cool and you'll never get to be like us.
Yuuup ...
'

yosemitesamiam

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 02 Jetta
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

__. *HEY, HEY, HEY* You guys are really hurting the feelings of all us grey-haired, broken down, old, cheap, retired guys who drive slow. But, you don't need to worry about it -- you're young, cocky, cool and you'll never get to be like us.
Yuuup ...
'
But we so much want to be like you that we are practicing!

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

All in good fun I assure you. While I only have a few, I do have some grey real estate up north too.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Ahh... I am in the club today. 703.8 miles. I noticed the person who used the pump before filled with 16.19 gallons. Hmmm I wonder if it's a TDI. HeeHee. I feel Good that I finaly got this nik on the belt.

thermographer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2004 Wheat/Beige with Automatic Tiptronic, ESP
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Third tank over 700, 735.8 miles & 15.946 gallons to fill up. After next week, My percentage of interstate miles will increase and will try for 800 miles.

madrean

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

finally........ 700 miles. 700.4 to be exact.

15.2 gal.

Didn't think it was possible.

Will I ever make 800??? Possibly, cuz I'm apparently not maxing out my vented tank.. only 15 gal when it's supposed to get around 17gal?

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

Sam, check it out:

It looks like the needle is past the 7/8 tick... but the camera is kinda pointed up at it. The needle was right in the line from where I was sitting.

Mileage not as good as my last tank (53 MPG)... I'm driving a little faster this tank! Not to mention the roof rack. Oh, and this tank is B30 biodiesel, too.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
700 Mile club Who\'s in?

madrean, you'll get there! It wasn't long after my first 700 mile tank that I got my first 800 mile tank. By your numbers, you got about 46 MPG. It takes about 48 MPG to get to 800 miles... if you are fully vented. It takes about 54 MPG to get to 900 miles. I've only done that twice.