Great Canadian VW Show - August 26-28.. anyone going?

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
I'm headed up to the Vancouver area on Saturday for the Boston Pizza GTG and then will be showing my car on Sunday. Will anyone else here be around for the show this weekend?

http://www.gcvws.com/

20th Annual Great Canadian VW Show

Three days of VW fun planned for this year with the main event to be held at Langley Events Center, 7888 - 200th Street Langley, BC on Sunday, Aug 28th, 2011.

- AUGUST 26 -
12th Annual DVKK "Strip Show"
presented by Regency VW

Start the weekend off right with a open House at Regency VW 2555 Barnet Highway, Coquitlam, BC. Cruise to Mission Raceway @ 4pm.

Drag Racing at Mission Raceways on Friday, August 26th!
Gates open at 5:00pm and racing runs until dark. Open to all VW's (Air & Water ) and any other street cars that pass tech. Stock VW motor challenge class will be back once again this year (sponsored by Zündfolge Car Club)

Check out www.missionraceway.com for directions.

- AUGUST 27 -
12th Annual pancake Breakfast
presented by CIP.com 210 - 9087b 198th Street Langley, BC @10:00am

Enjoy a Show & Shine, pancake Breakfast (& Hot dogs later in the day) Shop tours, Awards from the Friday Drag night and Cruise throughout the local area.

Then later that evening @ 5pm at Boston Pizza - 2850 Bentall Street at Grandview - for the 11th annual DVKK-Dub Allstar casual show n shine and dinner. The lot will fill up quick so get your spot early! Fantastic Dinner specials, Prizes VW Videos on the big screens. DVKK awards.

- AUGUST 28 -
20th Annual Great Canadian VW Show ***ALL NEW LOCATION****7888 - 200th Street Langley, BC
presented by CIP1.com

The Great Canadian Volkswagen Show will welcome approximately 5000 car enthusiasts and their families to Langley's Events Center 7888 - 200th Street Langley, BC

Air cooled and water cooled, new and old will be on display and ready for judging throughout the park. Families can enjoy taking part in a variety of activities and vendors will be showcasing what’s hot on the market. As a sponsor of the event, this is your opportunity to have face to face interaction with customers, new and old.

Western Canada's largest VW event attracts some of the finest Stock and Custom VWs from around the Pacific Northwest, including many past and present Hot VWs Magazine feature cars (18+ cars shot at past GCVW shows). Over 60 awards in 23 Classes. All types of VWs in any condition welcome. Dealer Displays, Swap Area, 50/50 Draw, Trivia Contests and more...an entire day of VW fun for the whole family!

Entry to the show is free for spectators. The fee for displaying your VW is $25 CAD .. Save $5 on your show shirt by using the pre reg forms at www.gcvws.com (pre reg will open June 1 2011). Space cannot be reserved or guaranteed on show day. Registration takes place from 8am to 11am on show day.

Swap Meet Area spaces are available for every type of VW parts vendor. We offer small private (15' x 15') swap spaces for $40. For dealer displays and new product vendor areas, please contact the show administrator to pre-register (no day-of-show registration). Swap setup opens at 7am and closes when space is filled (on a first come, first-served basis) and is usually full by 10am.

Hotel info and a map of the Langley events center can be found below:
http://www.greatervancouverhotels.com/hockey/langleyeventscentre.htm

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
I have to work this weekend or I would be going I will probably make an appearance after 6:00 pm at bp if I can find a parking spot..

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
yeah... parking is always an issue there, but there's usually some spots free farther away. My wagon will be there for sure

anasopia

Veteran Member
TDI
02 .:R-TDI
I'm going to try to make it out, don't wanna miss it for the third year now.
wish more tdi owners came out!

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
there's usually been more diesel cars at this event than at waterwagens/waterwerks

if anyone here does go.. check out my car and see if I'm around. I'll probably be seen wiping my car down for the first couple hours on Sunday :D

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Let me know if there is a meet after 6:00 I can stop by and would love to see some tdi'ers.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Let me know if there is a meet after 6:00 I can stop by and would love to see some tdi'ers.

anasopia

Veteran Member
TDI
The show looks like it has registration from 9-11, show from 11-4 and wraps around 4-4:30... I'll take some pics for ya bud ;)

Rootrider you has a pm ;)

Anyone driving from Richmond? or wants to meet along the way? send me a PM!

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Did it already, hope everything went well Joel. Once again nice car.. I am assuming you took some pictures? feel free to post em tdi or not. I am sure someone will appreciate them.

rootrider

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 sportwagen
I didn't take any photos today.. it was too hot. I've lost a lot of motivation to take photos at shows recently anyway... for various reasons.

I did place first in the class though.. with a silver 2009 mk5 jetta tdi placing second.

anasopia

Veteran Member
TDI
I posted some pics up. sorry I missed ya! didnt get enough time, had to rush back to work, maybe next time!