The most powerful 2.5tdi V6

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
That's good going diffas, I sent you and adams24 a PM earlier as I want to pick your brains one last time before I order up my manifold bends and pipe etc.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
It goes quite good. I try to make some video out of it next weekend.
Thing is that this with is same ecu-file that gave on dyno 343hp last autumn. Only some hardware mods done.
It's far from perfect. At least not that smoky anymore. Tq limiter kicks in around 5400rpm decreasing fueling til
5900rpm. Maybe less limiting and more fuel up to 6000. :p

Fun data sheet from the run:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Mods i've made in past year is custom valve springs, biggest (600x300x76 core) fmic i was able to fit without destroing bumper that much. Also installed external lift pump 370lph@1.2bar. V-pump is modified years ago installing 3plunger high pressure Ake pump head. Nozzles are still the same cpc ones since atm nothing else is not available.

And the turbo is Fin-turbo made kkk/bw-s200g-k26/27 hybrid. 52/74 mm (? if remember correctly) compressor and 70/59mm turbine shaft.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Mild porting since we didnt take any risk with blowing thru. Some cam upgrade is still possible to make but seems that stock cams perform quite good

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
just bought a week ago an a6 afb,needs more power def :D ,planning to repair/hybridize the turbo(since now is almost dead) ,seen a iveco turbine 1mm bigger the ake turbine also wheel have bigger inducer,should be good for my goal which is ~200 bhp or so.
I know that afb is the weakest of them all i was wondering did you guyz did anything else for 200-210 hp,without changing the noozles ofc.

Last edited:

X@V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B7 A4 V6 2.5TDI, MK2 frankentdi 2.0 16V TDI PD
CPC should reply to their message, it's a real joke...

Is Firad making nozzles for these V6?

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
just bought a week ago an a6 afb,needs more power def :D ,planning to repair/hybridize the turbo(since now is almost dead) ,seen a iveco turbine 1mm bigger the ake turbine also wheel have bigger inducer,should be good for my goal which is ~200 bhp or so.
I know that afb is the weakest of them all i was wondering did you guyz did anything else for 200-210 hp,without changing the noozles ofc.
For 200hp there is no need for upgrades. Since you are upgrading turbo anyway why not to upgrade it to support even bigger output like 250+. After remap you want more anyway?! It's never enough! :D

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
in the end i did upgraded the turbo with 1.5 mm bigger turbine and 56mm wheel from 2056vl .Should be good for 230 bhp , so above my goal .Spools close to stock .When i adjusted the turbo i realized that the car already haves a mild tune...requested boost is 1.2 bars vs ~1 bar stock.I think need more then this haha,a new tune comes next...maybe i'll go with the iveco nozzles in the nearest future as well.

MJF

TDI
A6q 2,5 V6, 80q 1,9TDI
Has anyone tried limits of automatic transmission? I probably have to change new cams etc and I want more power than stock tuned engine. So is there any point to do it with stock automatic transmisson?

1.4TDI PD

TDI
2.5TDI V6, 3.3TDI V8,3.0TDI V6,1.9TDI PD100
The max torque limit for the 01V/ZF 5HP19 is around 440Nm or 320 lb·ft so if you stay in this limits it should be fine but you could help the transmission out with a aditional atf cooler.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Have you ever seen this? Seems like end of the OE DMF. Nowdays you cannot trust original parts anymore, they fail under 500000km. :D

Here we have indeed stock oe dmf detached from center hub and tilted atleast over 20degrees so dtc signal to the ecu was off and therefore some radical SOI problems with pump. :D At least did get flames out from exhaust with launch limiter.

Tdi_kimmi

TDI
A6 C5 2.5tdi Quattro
Hello! Frist, Sorry for my bad language.. i have a A6 C5 with BAU engine and i want 240-270hp. What do i need? My engine is stock.

Kim Espen

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Hello! Frist, Sorry for my bad language.. i have a A6 C5 with BAU engine and i want 240-270hp. What do i need? My engine is stock.
Kim Espen
For that power you need bit bigger nozzles and upgraded turbo. Using cummins nozzles or cpc smallest nozzles. Not sure if cpc is active anymore, but worth to ask.

Tdi_kimmi

TDI
A6 C5 2.5tdi Quattro
For that power you need bit bigger nozzles and upgraded turbo. Using cummins nozzles or cpc smallest nozzles. Not sure if cpc is active anymore, but worth to ask.
From what cummins ? ? Do you have a tip om turbo? I prefer bolt on ?

Ephry

TDI
2003 GLS Golf TDI
For 200hp there is no need for upgrades. Since you are upgrading turbo anyway why not to upgrade it to support even bigger output like 250+. After remap you want more anyway?! It's never enough! :D

Old thread I know, but I have been away for a long while. This is 250+ at the wheels, or crank? Looking into what it would take for 250+ at the wheels in an A4 Quattro.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
We are tuning engines, so engine power. :p
Principal for the power is quite a straight forward, bigger nozzles and bigger turbo + supporting mods. Depending what the startpoint base engine is what kind of nozzles you need.

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
I've been having problems since my heads were ported with oil running down the side of the exhaust valves and dripping into the exhaust manifold resulting in lots of blue smoke on overrun and a change down in gear.
I have had new valves and new custom guides fitted but the problem is still occurring. The place that did the work keeps saying the problem isn't in the heads but I don't see how it cannot be.
Difas, your comment about blowing through is that what you were referring to ?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Doesnt sound like a porting error. i dont see how. Oil should not pass through new seals.
Only thing that comes to mind is removing too much material and hitting and oil passage and from there it ends up in the manifold.

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
Yes I would not expect it to get through new seals either. Don't suppose there is any way of telling where the passages are unless I cut a head in half. :eek:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Ben, this started after you had the turbo rebuilt or after you fitted the ported heads? As above, i cannot really see it as a porting problem as if the oil gallery is punctured then it should mean runaway... It could be an oil passage however they are quite far from the valve ports... There's quite a bit of meat round the valves and you cannot go really to far as the gasket/manifold ports are quite small...

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
Started after fitting ported heads, the guy reckons there was too much play in exhaust valves, so put new valves in and custom guides and it's still running down.
He suggested the engine breather system may be blocked, checked that

then turbo drains may be blocked, checked that

then oil may be contaminated with diesel, changed oil
Turbo has been serviced new bearings, vnt , I thought this may be the problem because of all the oil residue that is passing through it. Craig said it was very dirty inside, but once back on still the same...

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
The engine breather is a venturi type, doesnt clog. Turbo seals could be a problem however i have had larger compressors fitted with that turbine and never experienced that... Hows the breather tube from crankase breather to before the turbo, does it look squashed or something? If thats blo ked then it would smoke heavily on overrun!