Pioneer diesel?..anyone used this longterm?

KILOFINAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI. Shadow Blue/Tan leather 5speed with PPQ
I've used nothing but Sunoco diesel Gold, but more and more Sunoco stations are switching to Petro Canada. I've since moved and find that there are alot of Pioneer gas stations in Burlington.

I have also found that Pioneer is 10 cents cheaper than Sunoco/Petro Canada. I use Pwer Service and wanted to know if anyone has anything positive or negative to say about the Pioneer branded diesel?

thanks.......

je

Veteran Member
TDI
-
I use it when it's cheapest, or on the way home. It's the same diesel as everywhere else.

I've seen it mentioned that it's Sunoco without the Gold, but it doesn't seem different than anything that isn't Gold or Ultra. If it's 10 cents cheaper, I'll be all over it. That's $5/tank!

KILOFINAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI. Shadow Blue/Tan leather 5speed with PPQ
Thanks for the feedback. I keep using Powerservice so I figure I'm safe using Pioneer and the additive I put in. One interesting note........I read a post that each gas station adds the additive in their gas tanks for Sunoco Gold.....it doesn't come as Sunoco Gold right out of the truck. If this is correct, then the additive must be poured into the tank and I bet it doesn't get mixed in thoroughly.