Excessive Cabin Noise even while in Park

4GenTex

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI & 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
Wife cracked the oil pan (we have panzer plates:mad:). This is about the 6th time, so I decided to replace it with the hybrid oil pan. It has a metal bottom.

Started the car and it is noisier inside the cabin then outside the car. Super loud and really annoying. Is it possible the hybrid oil pan is the culprit? Any ideas? Suggestions?

The noisy cabin is the same whether in park, stopped, accelerating, cruising, or turning.:confused:

PS I did stand outside and listen to my 2004 TDI and it sounds similar to my wife's 2005 TDI from the outside.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Wife cracked the oil pan (we have panzer plates:mad:). This is about the 6th time,
Dang! Time to get her a Subaru Forester or something, bro! Or a Jeep lol

I'd have to experience the noise, but are you sure the motor didn't run dry-ish at some point and now you have a messed up motor from running w/o enough oil?

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Did you check the motor mounts? Bouncing off of something hard enough to crack a pan through a panzer took some pretty good skill

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Is the panzer plate bent and the engine rubbing on it?

My evo plate has been bent twice now and I have had to space out the mounts to not hit the engine. Still on the original oil pan touch wood.

Mine would only hit when the engine was torqued slightly, on or off power and was only really noticeable at low revs slowing for a stop or just starting to accelerate. There was a smooth spot when the engine wasn’t loaded. Drove me nuts til I found the problem.

4GenTex

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI & 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
Update: Took the panzer plate off and the cabin noise is gone, not 100% sure why at this point.