2015 jetta fuel leak

unique_name

TDI
2012 jetta 6sp (sold back with 151k miles) 2015 jetta sel 6sp (purchased with 15k miles)
[/IMG]

hi all,

have a fuel leak and looking for some opinions on the source. pics show 1 - 2, 3 - 4, and dirty 4 viewed from front of car. fuel puddling in the 3 & 4 hole with 4 looking the worst. what is the plastic piece on the top?

edit:
after cleaning things off yesterday i looked again today. it looks like 4 is the problem child and appears to be leaking from the plastic piece.

edit2:
looking at injectors and it looks like the yellow plastic piece on top with the return nipple can be removed. possibly an 'O' ring that is bad? all guesswork on my part. anyone familiar with this assembly?

thanks
jim

Last edited:

unique_name

TDI
2012 jetta 6sp (sold back with 151k miles) 2015 jetta sel 6sp (purchased with 15k miles)
2015 jettas fuel leak

thought i would post a followup in case someone else goes down this road:
took the car to the dealer for an oil change and asked them to take a look at the leak. while i was waiting, went to parts and asked them to pull up the injector diagram. it shows a set of 4 plastic valves, each connecting to the top of an injector. the valves are connected by tubing. they called it the bleedback assembly. its the fuel return. they wont sell you an individual valve, only the whole assembly. ($120 something) they will sell you the "O" ring for the valve separately. anyway, the diagnosis was faulty injector seal. they said it's covered under warranty and will replace the #4 injector and the whole return assembly. i get the feeling they are doing the injector to pad the bill because its warranty, but its not my dime.
personally i think it is the valve "O" ring but i couldnt figure out how to remove the valve and i was afraid of breaking it.

2 questions:
1-can someone explain how to remove the plastic return valve
2-is replacing 1 injector ok? 53k on the car

thanks