1999 VW Tdi Cabriolet "50 mpg Beach basket" - $4900obo

rallypilot

Up for sale is my 1999 Volkswagen Cabriolet that I've owned for 3 years and I'm not going to have time to use it this summer so it's time for it to go. I built this conversion with a 1998 TDI ahu turbo diesel using all factory parts and it's sorted out. This is not a cobbled and modified car that someone spliced together with home depot parts. It is built as if the factory did it through the stock fusebox set up. So what that means that if you ever have to fix the car just look at the factory wiring diagrams and it's all in it's rightful place. If you bring a thumb drive I'll vie you all of the pdf files if you want them. Oh, I have the obi port all hooked up, as you would expect and you can read everything through a vag-com, injector pulse/quantity etc, pretty cool.
Last summer I put in a bunch of new parts so it has a new front flex pipe/rear muffler, new top, rebuilt power top pump, new timing belt/water pump plus all the fluids are new including the brake/clutch fluid which I flushed at the same time I flushed and refilled the cooling system.
Now I just took it out of storage and checked to make sure the heated seats, abs brakes, air conditioning, cruise, etc, work it does, strange I know for a VW ! The chassis has 127k and the motor/transmission is now 158k ( that is the cluster from the Jetta tdi that I bought for the conversion not the lower mileage one I had from the cabrio originally). The down side is that there is some rust bubbles on the front fender (right), overall the body has chips/dings and the drivers seat has a small tear. So if you don't mind the small stuff, want something unusual plus are looking for a great beach car that gets 50mpg ( best mileage last summer was 51.62mpg) then I think you're a good candidate for this car.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Cool pics too. I'm thinking Newfoundland or Nova Scotia.