Purchased-2015 TDI SEL

GCoop

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL w/ LDAP

New guy on the block in regards to VWs so take it easy on me.

A few things disappoint me about the TDI SEL trim - Mainly what it lacks:

1. No Automatic Headlights
  2. No Rain Sensing Wipers
  3. No Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
  4. Horn sounds on lock instead of less annoying beep/chirp
It appears that the 2015 GLI has the first 3 features, so... Has anyone done or planning any of these retrofits using OE parts? Is it even possible? I know the rain sensing wipers would require a new windshield and its only something I would try to do once it needed to be replaced as long as its doable. Any help in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Also...Can anyone explain why it was so hard to find any Jetta equipped with the Lighting and assistance package? The closest TDI SEL with LDAP that the dealer could find was 250 miles away. Searching myself I could only find 3 candidates within 500 miles however there were hundreds without the LDAP. What's that all about?

Dealer said they are now unable to place any more orders for 2015 models and that the earliest to expect a 2016 MY to arrive would be 5-6 months and to not expect the deep discounts we are seeing on the 2015 models now.

Lastly, some feedback on the price. MSRP for the one we bought is 30,715 (Lip spoiler and Monster Mats) Paid $26,383 which is 4,332 under MSRP. I feel like that's a good deal for the beginning of model year close out season.

ntwrkd

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI 6spd SEL
I searched for a 2015 Jetta TDI Manual with LDAP.... I feel your pain! There were DSG's with LDAP but I wanted a stick more than LDAP so I had to settle for no LDAP. None with stick within 500 miles of my location. Also. The gauge cluster just has idiot lights, no gauges for oil and temp even though it's an SEL. It appears the premium MFD and gauges are only available with the Automatic?? and or LDAP?? Other than that, love my TDI! Paid less than 26K. Had employer discount. Good deal. Fahrvergnügen!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Mine has all of those Goodies plus a stick shift......My guy told me VW has no interest in selling this car.....took nearly 5 months to get mine and he had to beg for it...

GCoop

TDI
I searched for a 2015 Jetta TDI Manual with LDAP.... I feel your pain! There were DSG's with LDAP but I wanted a stick more than LDAP so I had to settle for no LDAP. None with stick within 500 miles of my location. Also. The gauge cluster just has idiot lights, no gauges for oil and temp even though it's an SEL. It appears the premium MFD and gauges are only available with the Automatic?? and or LDAP?? Other than that, love my TDI! Paid less than 26K. Had employer discount. Good deal. Fahrvergnügen!
The gauge thing was something else I noticed when playing around with the configurator on VW's site. I will be glad to have the Oil and Temp gauges along with the upgraded cluster.

Mine has all of those Goodies plus a stick shift......My guy told me VW has no interest in selling this car.....took nearly 5 months to get mine and he had to beg for it...
Our sales person pretty much said the same. He said even though they offer it is a very rare combination.

Going with the DSG was a tough decision as we were able to locate a couple of SEL manuals with the LDAP in color combos we could live with. Ultimately we decided for the auto as this is going to be mostly a commuter car for my wife and she felt more comfortable with the auto in high traffic situations.

Last edited:

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Got mine a month ago - was lucky to find one with lighting pkg

I'm thinking about upgrading the Nav system

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
Swapping the ancient RNS 315 with a newer 510 is simple plug-n-play

Just have to make sure it's coded for Fender sound

Edit - the 510 won't help with slowness - heard it's worse than 315. The upgrade would be for resolution/graphics and HD radio.

Last edited:

Random_Vibration

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI (6MT, LP, Driver Assist)
Yup, I had the same problem with a 2015 Golf SEL 6M w/ lighting and driver assist. Cars ordered after mine were being built while a build date for my sold order kept being push further back. I got lucky and found a Golf in Miami that was an abandoned order by someone else who also got tired of waiting for it to be built. It was the wrong color but the right equipment so I bought it anyway.

For some reason, VW is resisting building fully loaded Golf and Jetta models. Even with sold orders with customers willing and waiting to buy, they don't want to do it.

GCoop

TDI
For some reason, VW is resisting building fully loaded Golf and Jetta models. Even with sold orders with customers willing and waiting to buy, they don't want to do it.
:confused: Makes no sense to me at all. :confused:

At first I thought the reason there were not many with the LDAP for sale was because that was what was in demand. But then I started looking at the ones on the road and did not see any. In fact, I have yet to see one around in my area.

.....except for the one in my driveway now!:cool: We took delivery yesterday and I have to say that the LDAP is worth having.

The dealer had to go 250 miles to get this one from another dealer and once they had it registered in their system they had 5 separate dealers asking them for the car. So this confuses me even more as to why VW wont produce more fully loaded vehicles.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

Love mine! It has every available option with the exception of the Roadside assistance package
Listed for 30285

Last edited:

Random_Vibration

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI (6MT, LP, Driver Assist)
:confused: Makes no sense to me at all. :confused:

At first I thought the reason there were not many with the LDAP for sale was because that was what was in demand. But then I started looking at the ones on the road and did not see any. In fact, I have yet to see one around in my area.

.....except for the one in my driveway now!:cool: We took delivery yesterday and I have to say that the LDAP is worth having.

The dealer had to go 250 miles to get this one from another dealer and once they had it registered in their system they had 5 separate dealers asking them for the car. So this confuses me even more as to why VW wont produce more fully loaded vehicles.
Before I bought the one I have, I found one in Georgia and the dealer claimed that they had 3 customers trying to work a deal on it besides me.