2015 passat at idle has parkinson's

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
Went and looked at a certified 2015 passat sel, 20k miles. Salesman started it up, shaking worst than my b5.5 with delete. Is this normal after the fix?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Did you feel anything in the steering wheel? It should be pretty smooth inside the car. What was the tach sitting 800 or high idle at 11-1200?

The motor mounts are there for a reason they should absorb any of those harshness at idle.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
I agree on the motor mounts they should absorb small vibrations, this was excessive from when I started it, to when it powered down to 800rpm's. My pre-fix 15 passat didn't do this, has anyone with a post-fix noticed this? I mentioned this to the salesman but no comment, nice car, but I really didn't want to get involved with discovery and went home.

I was watching in disbelief, the shake was disturbing, it wasn't slight, like it was running lean and looking for fuel. Only way I can describe it.

Last edited:

BJS02

TDI
'15 Passat SE 6MT
My post fix '15 6MT has a small amount of movement from the engine at idle if started cold. After the engine warms up it sits as still as any other idling engine.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Prob just because the car was run for 10 minutes a time or quick test drives combined with some "stale fuel".

Agreed that it's cheap to walk away.

Our '15 Phase 1 minor vibrations in the car. Mostly it is the audible diesel clatter I notice over our long gone but not forgotten Gen1 and Gen2 rides.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
walk away, exactly what I did, but wondering if its a product of the fix? Will try another dealership see if I get the same results