G80 needel lift sensor

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
short to plus intermitet sometimes work sometimes no power, 120 ohms warm if it is working when vcds has no read from the sensor i read around 240 ohms.
Unpuging and pluging connector sometimes helps for a minute.
What is confusing me sometimes sensor reads 120 ohm 13V is on connector but when i connect G80 no signal, it is probably G80 fault in coil but i don't want to buy one and then it turns out there is sometning with ECU, intersting is that only 2 weaks before it started i installed cruise control, probably it is just coincidence but who knows

BehroMoto

TDI
2002 Jetta, Silver | 2001 Golf, Black | 1998 Beetle, Blue
Mine did this it turned out to be a severed wire.

When you unplug and replug, you're probably temporarily reconnecting the broken wire until it separates again. Mine was broken right at the plug.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
Mine did this it turned out to be a severed wire.

When you unplug and replug, you're probably temporarily reconnecting the broken wire until it separates again. Mine was broken right at the plug.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I checked wires all the way to ecu first :), sadly they are fine :( , probably windings in coil are burned a bit since when car is cold it is working 80% of time but after 5 km no more

Last edited:

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 mk3 jetta 2003 mk4 wagon
I am having an issue with the same thing, the car intermittently bucks usually when lugging the engine. I tried swapping the injector and no change. I'm wondering if it's an IP pump problem. I did check the IP pump timing and it's dead on. Not to hijack the thread but any ideas?

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
I am having an issue with the same thing, the car intermittently bucks usually when lugging the engine. I tried swapping the injector and no change. I'm wondering if it's an IP pump problem. I did check the IP pump timing and it's dead on. Not to hijack the thread but any ideas?
If it is the same code probably wiring then do you have any ridings on conector from ecu it should be about 1.5V less than batery between pins (12.5V),
Tomorrow i will be splicing wire from ecu to injector just to be 100% sure it is not the wiring, even if it is 0 resistance to ecu :)

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
Weel looks lijke it is the injector i mesured voltage output and after 6.7V around 260 ohms on injector, ecu is not reading sensor anymore, normal sensor at 120 ohms is about 3.7 v on conector when car is on.
My sensor is mostly around 250 ohms and works sometimes for short period when car is cold, but if i unplug and plug conector a few times it sometimes goes to 120 ohms and drives fine for 20,30 km even when car is warm, if wires are damages it should go to infinite resistance why is he staying around 250 and sometimes it is normal at 120 ohms. Obviusly i am going to replace it bu i am intersted what exactly is that couses this.