Turbo to intercooler hose leak

Blackbug1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Nobody have any idea if he drives it in limp mode if it will hurt the car? He just puts on about 100 miles a day. Also will that hose off of ebay work for now he just works at sonic and can not afford a 2 to 3 hundred dollar hose from dealer.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Hey dude...a charge pipe hose leak equals over spooling of the turbo. Not good. I dont know how bad the leak is but the worse it is the more gutless the motor is.

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
The one from the turbo to the metal cross over pipe should be 3B0 145 828K. Genuine VW runs $250-$300. Some have used 3B0 145 828G with slightly less power and some noise. It doesn't have the baffle. ECStuning sells an aftermarket version of the G hose. Depending on how bad the hole is and where, a split piece of radiator hose and a few screw hose clamps might get you by until you can get a new one. I wouldn't run it in limp mode a lot.

JonnyObnoxious

TDI
05 VW Passat, 12 VW Touareg TDI
I have a similar problem and will probably look at fixing it with some high grade foil duct tape. Stuff will stick to anything, even wet. Only trouble being it is obviously spraying a fine mist of oil and is a PITA to find while the car is not running.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Has anyone swapped over the BHW in a passat successfully to a more solid pipe system, try 2.5 inch?

Seems to me for 300 bucks one could upgrade with used oem dsm or other similar factory turbo system(intercooler) a long with eBay parts (intercoolers, elbows, t clamps, tubing and make an upgraded system. Obviously adapting the intake on the manifold as well as turbo will be the biggest hurtle. Fitting a used fmic like an evo or eve ln a cheap ebay fmic would not cost much. Plenty of Honda guys are off loading their blown up turbo kits/parts on Craigslist all the time.

Im just not sure if it will hurt the tune or require a tweak to the tune.

When i put one or my extra bhw motors in a boat im obviously ditching the factory charge pipe and smic system anyway.

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
I believe there have been a few conversions to fmic. One might have been Darkside. Obviously on the boat you can incorporate something different into your overall design. In our cars there isn't much room. The one I recall did not have fog lights. As far as the turbo, remember it's an ecu controlled variable vane. There are some other options.

JonnyObnoxious

TDI
05 VW Passat, 12 VW Touareg TDI
Ok, so I'm seeing the main problem here.
It looks like the 3B0 145 828 G is being advertised and sold as the 3B0 145 828 K! The K has this baffle part on it that sticks out and looks altogether different than the non-baffled end of the G. I'll post pics in a following message.

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
If any of you with blown hoses want to sell me one I need it. The metal retaining clips at the turbo end wore through on mine.

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
I used the G type. No detectable difference in power or noise. Very detectable difference in cost. Be sure and relocate the ground cable that rubbed a hole in the air hose in the first place.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Several years ago I could order the G from VW dealer at $100 cost savings. Mine did allow a little more turbo noise than the K version.

Unfortunately the dealer said they could not get the G anymore

Blackbug1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Well back from vacation and installed turbo to intercooler hose and also have the hose from the air box to the turbo bad. looks like the last person to work on this did not install the bolts in the flange that helps hold the hose to the turbo, neck broke off at turbo hose. I have searched and searched and can not seem to find hose 8D0 129 615K anybody know a replacement number?

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
3B0 129 615M replaces 8D0 129 615 K and is the air box to turbo hose. BTW when the rear crossover pipe to intake flap hose blew on mine I got an aftermarket from Germany and It's been on for around 3yrs and 40K miles with no issues. I did use a genuine VW o-ring with it. It was through eBay. The eBay store is you.s.onlineshop. YMMV.