2006 Jetta TDI sell for a 2011 Golf TDI

Philcsag16

TDI
JETTA
Back in July 2007 I picked up a new 2006 Jetta TDI pkg zero with a DSG

I like the car, it has been a great daily driver, in NYC traffic I can get 34 to 39 MPG, on two road trip MPG has reached 47 MPG at speeds over 75 MPH, the car has 38,000 miles on it now and the warranty expires in July 2011
I do all my own maintenance, so far, the only extras beside filters and oil changes the car has needed new rear brake pads.
As far as warranty repair it has been in for an air bag light. and nothing else.
As much as I like the car being a pkg. zero it is "boring" when it comes to "toys"

I prefer the sporty look of the 2011 Golf TDI and I would like some toys in the car sunroof, heated seats xenon lights , Bluetooth

Or a similar equipped 2011 Jetta Sportwagen

Is the new 2.0L TDI engine much better than the previous generation?

Is it worth the trade up, since the cost will be about $17K out of pocket?

Opinions wanted

thanks

Phil

fs2k2k

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon TDI
My 2010 Golf Wagon TDI, the engine is very quiet and idles very smooth, tons of low end power, I run 60 mph at about 1500 RPM with the 6 speed stick, the shifting on the tranny is a bit rough compared to Jap cars. So far at 6000 miles, no complaints. BTW I would pass on the sunroof, as it will leak after many years.

robbieyukon

TDI
2011 Sportwagen 6spd man.
keep your car.

I think you're crazy to sell your tdi. A good shop can install heated seats. If you're bored with your car spend some money and upgrade parts, its way cheaper. I would buy a tune, some nice wheels, and add some nicer interior features. Just my. 02

Westro

Veteran Member
TDI
I have the new TDI itch also... spend a couple hours in this forum and decide for yourself.

The current CR TDI isn't for me, maybe with the 2012 urea injected Passat. I don't get the warm fuzzy about putting a 1/4 million miles on with little to no issues on these new motors. Time will tell.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
The new Golf TDI really is a great car, probably nicer in almost every way compared to your older car, EXCEPT for lower mpg and complexity of the motor. It seems you are very lucky to have one of the last of the VW diesels from the old days, so be careful about selling what you know. Honestly, I think you should keep your car.

That said, I do love my Golf TDI!!!