Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

SeattleMK4Golf_BEW

TDI
2006 1.9 TDI Golf (BEW)
I'm in washington by everett an need to find someone that knows about volkswagen golf 2003 1.9L tdi
Note that Fine Tuning Performance will not touch your car if there’s any non-OEM spec parts on it. Also, they’re the newest Malone dealer in the greater Seattle area, but won’t even sell you any tunes that they deem to be not 100% street legal (such as Malone’s EGR delete add-on). 💩

Viz

TDI
2001 & 2002 MKIV, 2015 MKVII
Based on one previous comment, some of the listings for Florida are not current. Does anyone have any recent contacts/experience with any TDI mechanics in Florida ? Thanks

I just contacted Keith Scarborough in Tampa and he too is no longer doing work. Map needs updating.

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Based on one previous comment, some of the listings for Florida are not current. Does anyone have any recent contacts/experience with any TDI mechanics in Florida ? Thanks

I just contacted Keith Scarborough in Tampa and he too is no longer doing work. Map needs updating.
I work with owner at Venture Autowerks in Jupiter. We both started out on VW and I end up with the TDIs.

Jason

pyromancer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I've now worked on @SeattleMK4Golf_BEW car a second time with needed time to give it a proper run down. For the love of god never take your vehicle to Mouse Meat in Tacoma Washington. Vacuum pipe to brake booster was very badly cracked causing major braking issues. His new turbo was installed with the rod length set at 15. This likely with some help from the vacuum issue at some point caused an overboost situation which resulted in him popping the turbo piping to the intercooler. Rather than dropping the pancake pipe to snap the pipes back together properly Mouse Meat wedged it back together best they could and ran a sheet mettle screw through the inter cooler intake and the connecting pipe. Bew's inter cooler needs patched and he needs a new hose. Confirming his cam seal was either very defective or they buggered up the install. I ended up replacing his cam sensor as it was throwing CELs but I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to all the oil coming down. They failed to use an actual egr block plate on the egr side deleting his egr cooler, cobbled together junk they used was leaking badly. His car also needed a bunch of basic maintenance they didn't catch or recommend, but mainly a shop that damages parts, installs things incorrectly, and fails to catch major safety issues like a split brake booster pipe should not be on this list INMHO. I did tell Bew he could/should take the car back to them to TRY to get them to fix the cam seal, but he would need to check torque specs and his torsion value afterword, and after that he should never go there again.

TLDR: Mouse Meat in Tacoma does shoty shaddy work don't take your car there if you care about it.

Last edited: