Source for LED interior lights

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has a local source where I could pick up some LED lights for my interior, everything I found is from the states and with the conversion and shipping, it gets quite expensive for a couple of lights

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I ended up going to this place called candid my buddy from work recommended near Winston Churchill and Dundas. They have a whole variety of lights and a ton of German car parts actually... They have almost all the liqui Moly oils, total, pentosin, motul, etc

Just to give you an idea, total quartz 9000 5w40 is 38 bucks for a 5L jug

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Would like to know how these hold up. I ordered a set from a vendor on here and half of them didn't even last a year

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀

I ended up ordering the trunk, glove box and the extra one for the passenger vanity since for some reason I forgot to buy 2 for the vanity mirror when I was at the store... I will have extras for the vanity, glove box and trunk so 36mm festoon led, 42mm festoon led and 194 wedge led since on amazon they were all packs of 4, if anyone is interested in buying some

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
You can find tons of LED bulbs on eBay for very little cost. That's where I got all of mine. You just have to be patient until they get here.

In addition to that you should also buy a plastic pry tool set for easier access to any bulbs and no damage. On eBay probably about $ 2.00 delivered.

Also for as little as one dollar you can buy a 48 LED panel for the trunk. Wire into original light and stick on where the woofer is.

Last edited:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
You can find tons of LED bulbs on eBay for very little cost. That's where I got all of mine. You just have to be patient until they get here.

In addition to that you should also buy a plastic pry tool set for easier access to any bulbs and no damage. On eBay probably about $ 2.00 delivered.

Also for as little as one dollar you can buy a 48 LED panel for the trunk. Wire into original light and stick on where the woofer is.
I don't want to order china stuff, even though their probably all made in china, quality is not the same from one brand to another. I don't know why I didn't think to order online, so the 5 LEDS in the first picture are bought from a store, and the rest I got in the mail today (gotta love amazon prime). Now I have 3 36mm spares, 3 42mm spares and 3 194 wedge spares, which I doubt I will ever have to use anytime soon unless the quality of any of the LEDS is crap

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I don't want to order china stuff, even though their probably all made in china, quality is not the same from one brand to another. I don't know why I didn't think to order online, so the 5 LEDS in the first picture are bought from a store, and the rest I got in the mail today (gotta love amazon prime). Now I have 3 36mm spares, 3 42mm spares and 3 194 wedge spares, which I doubt I will ever have to use anytime soon unless the quality of any of the LEDS is crap
Your reasoning is the same as people who will not buy for example a "No-name" can of evaporated milk versus a well known name. Betcha they both come from the same plant !
Just different packaging !

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Your reasoning is the same as people who will not buy for example a "No-name" can of evaporated milk versus a well known name. Betcha they both come from the same plant !
Just different packaging !
No, my reasoning is certain things don't make a difference when buying no name and others do

Take a 128gb SD card made by sandisk and one by some random no name... Both are made in China, both have the same storage capacity, both do the same job, just that one will fail after a month and the other will last a long time

Same thing can be said of these LEDs... So I'll go with something that's more reputable even if it costs me a few bucks more