www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old March 31st, 2015, 13:53   #1
johnspear23

Default 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI manual availability?

I stopped by the local dealer yesterday to check out the 2015 Sportwagen and take a test drive. I test drove a loaded SEL with the automatic transmission. The car is beautiful but the automatic trans was a big disappointment but no big deal because I want a manual anyway. When I asked the salesman and his sales manager about trim levels, options and manual availability they knew even less than I did. They seemed to think that no one had any manuals and it could be a few months before they were available. I checked numerous dealers online and could only find automatics. Anyone hear anything about when manual transmissions will become widely available? I am 99% sure I want this car but I want to test drive a manual first.

I appreciate your help

John
johnspear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 14:01   #2
dober
Veteran Member

All I've seen up here are fully loaded DSG models for demo. I'm in the same boat, was thinking I should just test drive a manual golf since nobody has any idea of when they'll see a manual GSW on the lot.
dober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 14:11   #3
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

I've heard that every VW dealer received an initial shipment of two Golf Sportwagens: One TSI and one loaded TDI. I've also heard that manual transmission cars will follow automatics, but I don't know how long it will take. My local dealer is holding an open house at the end of April and expects to have manual trans GSWs for that event, so maybe not too long.
Old March 31st, 2015, 14:28   #4
copperbeech
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober View Post
I'm in the same boat, was thinking I should just test drive a manual golf since nobody has any idea of when they'll see a manual GSW on the lot.
That's what we did before placing our order for a manual GSW ie test drove a 2015 manual Golf and 15 minutes later test drove a Highline GSW DSG.

(FWIW we have been told that our manual transmission will not be in till sometime in May)

Last edited by copperbeech; March 31st, 2015 at 15:16.
copperbeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 14:40   #5
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspear23 View Post
I stopped by the local dealer yesterday to check out the 2015 Sportwagen and take a test drive. I test drove a loaded SEL with the automatic transmission. The car is beautiful but the automatic trans was a big disappointment but no big deal because I want a manual anyway. When I asked the salesman and his sales manager about trim levels, options and manual availability they knew even less than I did. They seemed to think that no one had any manuals and it could be a few months before they were available. I checked numerous dealers online and could only find automatics. Anyone hear anything about when manual transmissions will become widely available? I am 99% sure I want this car but I want to test drive a manual first.

I appreciate your help

John
I'm test driving a 2015 now. You are right, no manual transmissions for at least a few more weeks or so. I'll post a YouTube video about when I get a chance. Awesome wagon.
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 14:59   #6
Roshermoore
Veteran Member

Default Momentum VW has manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
You are right, no manual transmissions for at least a few more weeks or so. I'll post a YouTube video about when I get a chance. Awesome wagon.
Momentum VW in Houston, TX has at least one TDI S Manual GSW.

http://www.jerseyvillagevw.com/new-i...anchor-model-6
09 Jetta Sportwagen, Blue Graphite Metallic, DSG, Sunroof, Rubber mats, Zeta Products body color side moldings, Body color door edge guards, VW front and rear Splash Guards, Clear rear bumper protector, 8" "Stubby" antenna. Build Date 11/08

Roshermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 04:52   #7
rcracer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshermoore View Post
Momentum VW in Houston, TX has at least one TDI S Manual GSW.

http://www.jerseyvillagevw.com/new-i...anchor-model-6

Yep!
http://www.jerseyvillagevw.com/new/V...38397d31d6.htm
Old April 1st, 2015, 14:24   #8
truman
Veteran Member

Are the standard headlamps projectors or reflectors?
truman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:25   #9
nectarguru
Veteran Member

I ended up just ordering a manual Golf SE with LP which will take 3-4 months to get here. The dealer could only track down one black SE manual in the entire region and that was in Ohio. It was also fully loaded and way out of my price range. They also only had one manual in stock which was a white S. I was at a dealer in Chicago a couple of months ago and they had no manuals in stock. So yeah, few and far between it seems.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 05:59   #10
copperbeech
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarguru View Post
I ended up just ordering a manual Golf SE with LP which will take 3-4 months to get here.
With that kind of wait I can see prospective buyers looking for a different vehicle or at the least settling for the DSG.
copperbeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:17   #11
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
I get the suspicion that those cars aren't here yet. Dealers have only been delivered a handful of these so far. However, dealers know what is coming their ways a few weeks out. Since they only show stock photos and they appear to have a *HUGE* inventory of wagons, I suspect they are listing things that aren't delivered yet.
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 09:44   #12
MileHighWagon

TDI(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
I'm test driving a 2015 now. You are right, no manual transmissions for at least a few more weeks or so. I'll post a YouTube video about when I get a chance. Awesome wagon.
Let us all know when you post the video! I'd love to see it.
MileHighWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 08:20   #13
quattrothatcould

They're available now - one example linked below. Cars.com says there are about 100 manual cars out there (although that's not the best barometer of availability).

http://www.communityvw.net/VehicleDe...-CA/2496685483
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:58   #14
Korab
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: it had better be good

my local dealer has 5 or 6 gsw's, including 3 tdi's, including one 6mt
Korab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 09:59   #15
skramer
Veteran Member

Talking to dealers in the area...I found 3 dealers with GSW SE TDI w/ 6MT. Of them, all 3 are silk blue, 2 have no options, and 1 has DAP. No LP's yet though, and most on the lots are DSG as mentioned. I really wish the TSI was available in the SE w/ manual tranny on it. SE just seems like the best bank of buck unless you really must have navigation

skramer is offline   Reply With Quote