Triple square tool - 8mm

ahesje

TDI
Golf
So where do you buy the unique tool needed to adjust the doors, door lock and probably other fasteners?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
All the major tool companies have them. It is XZN, and has been around (that I know of) since the late '60s. Not really unique.

flatlanded

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Canadian tire sells a nice set. They have short sets and longer sets. The long ones are good for your CV flange bolts if you ever need to take the transmission out.

Good thing to have in your toolbox.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
flatlanded said:
Canadian tire sells a nice set. They have short sets and longer sets. The long ones are good for your CV flange bolts if you ever need to take the transmission out.

Good thing to have in your toolbox.
Canadian Tire sells 'em like this:

ahesje

TDI
Golf
Thanks.
I found the one I needed at the local NAPA store and bought just the one bit. I'll look again at CT because I'd like to have a full set anyway.
Thanks again.

dJValkenburg

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta TDI
Those powerbuilts are garbage.....but they might work for you. If you want a reliable bit get the good stuff.

flatlanded

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Vince Waldon said:
Canadian Tire sells 'em like this:

Yea I've got a set of those, a bit of a pain but they have their uses. They also used to carry a set of them similar to this one

I don't know what happened to them. I found those ones to be quite useful on transmission rebuilds on my '95. Haven't had problems with either set but they've never been involved in high tourque situations.

Glad you found what you were looking for.

Last edited: