***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Shrifty don't you just read this forum and take pics all day? Hahahaha
Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app, so that explains the typos...
Just about :) This law firm was next door to where I went for work this afternoon :cool:

I drive about 800 - 1000 miles each week, and my travels have taken me (with my Passat) to each state east of the Mississippi, including Arkansas and Ontario. The drives can be long and boring, so this thread keeps me entertained. I've been fortunate enough to meet a few of you, and hoping that my travels can take me to a few more of your neighborhoods.

There is plenty to see across the US and Canada, and looking for the next challenge gives me something extra to do on my way to prevent the boredom from setting in.

This week I'm flying to Florida, but next week I will be driving to North Carolina, and shortly up to New Hampshire with a few other stops along the way (possibly Ottawa for the Whole Foods opening!)

It is quite enjoyable for me to "hang out" with you guys on-line, and even to meet up in person ;)

Current Challenge: (#1522) Your TDI with a Tanning Salon.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Great to have met you in your travels!

Just about :) This law firm was next door to where I went for work this afternoon :cool:
I drive about 800 - 1000 miles each week, and my travels have taken me (with my Passat) to each state east of the Mississippi, including Arkansas and Ontario. The drives can be long and boring, so this thread keeps me entertained. I've been fortunate enough to meet a few of you, and hoping that my travels can take me to a few more of your neighborhoods.
There is plenty to see across the US and Canada, and looking for the next challenge gives me something extra to do on my way to prevent the boredom from setting in.
This week I'm flying to Florida, but next week I will be driving to North Carolina, and shortly up to New Hampshire with a few other stops along the way (possibly Ottawa for the Whole Foods opening!)
It is quite enjoyable for me to "hang out" with you guys on-line, and even to meet up in person ;)

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
This brings back some memories of daytime TV in my childhood. "There's never a fee unless we get money for you"

I was thinking of his bald head when I posted this picture :D

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Theres one shyster in Baltimore whose jingle goes… "If you've got a phone, you've got a lawyer"… a real pro, Im sure!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I'm sticking with Shriftys picture for #1521 If this is accepted.

Current challenge: (#1523) Your TDI with a Red Bench

Bonus points if there are 7 baseballs on it.

Now can anyone follow my tortured trail to why seven baseballs? I even left a hint.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Oh hey...lol I'm blind I guess!!

Current challenge: (#1523) Your TDI with a Red Bench

Bonus points if there are 7 baseballs on it.

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI

How's this? She's on a bench with my TDI in the background. If yes then,

Next / Current Challenge (# 1525 ): Your TDI with an antlered animal AND the weapon used to harvest that animal.

ELM

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle 5 speed swap
Unsolved Challenge (#1503) Your TDI next to another TDI with a different state/province plate. It's not next to it because We where suck in traffic on I 80 because it started to snow and CHP was checking for snow chains today and it was right there in front of us. Had to chain up two miles later :( It has Nevada plates and I have CA plates

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Nicely done ELM :)

Current Challenge: (#1525) Your TDI with an antlered animal AND the weapon used to harvest that animal.

Last edited:

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE

How's this? She's on a bench with my TDI in the background. If yes then,

Next / Current Challenge (# 1525 ): Your TDI with an antlered animal AND the weapon used to harvest that animal.
I should have asked, did she think you were nuts for asking? :confused: :D

Current Challenge: (#1525) Your TDI with an antlered animal AND the weapon used to harvest that animal.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
I should have asked, did she think you were nuts for asking? :confused: :D

Its my wife and she reminds me daily that I'm nuts. I have a special voice for when I talk FOR our dog. The "voices in my head" escaped from my head long ago! :D

ChiTownPilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI + Premium
This might be a really dumb question but how do you post pictures that simply show up in the post (like all of them on this page)? When I post pictures it shows a small thumbnail that requires you to click on in order to blow up the pic.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
This might be a really dumb question but how do you post pictures that simply show up in the post (like all of them on this page)? When I post pictures it shows a small thumbnail that requires you to click on in order to blow up the pic.
Here is an example of the text that I used for my last one...

I've added spaces before the "URL" and "IMG", and after the "/IMG" and "/URL" so that you could see the text. When I upload to Photobucket, I have four link options and copy the last one.

[ URL=http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/shrifty99/media/20141024_201028_zpsmchthoik.jpg.html][ IMG]http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u675/shrifty99/20141024_201028_zpsmchthoik.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Pilot, there's a few ways to post pics like that. I personally use the Tapatalk app on my smertfone and it makes it super easy. If you're posting from a normal computer you have to upload the picture to TDIClub then go to the photo and copy the URL location of the picture (its one extra step more than the thumbnail which you are already doing.

Current Challenge (#1525) Your TDI with an antlered animal AND the weapon used to harvest that animal.

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
If no one gets the current challenge, I should have a shot at getting it in a week and a half. No one has got anything bow hunting yet, but gun season should produce some antlered participants.