Jack stand placement for '10 Jetta TDI?

Shadowdriver

TDI
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
I am looking to jack up my car in order to paint the wheels. I know where the pinch weld is on the frame, however where would I place the jack stands? Any advice is appreciated.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
I am looking to jack up my car in order to paint the wheels. I know where the pinch weld is on the frame, however where would I place the jack stands? Any advice is appreciated.

I don't know about that car in particular, but, generally you can put the stands where suspension parts attach to the car, not the wheel side. Also where cross braces connect to the car. Never use engine oil pans or transmission oil pans or any floor pans. I generally put the weight of the car on the stands, but leave the jack as a safety measure especially if I am the first thing it is going to hit if it falls. Hopefully a more knowledgeable member will chime in...Mark

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7JRORIRJxA shows you where the jack points are. You can put the jack stands there (probably safest) after jacking up the car elsewhere, probably best under suspension components (control arms at the ball joints in front, under the spring bottoms in back).