2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI Radio Fuse???

NashWagen

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Have a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI.

Yesterday the radio just went dead; black screen.

Have removed the radio and replaced the 15A fuse in the back of the radio unit - still won't come on/operate.

Cant seem to find a diagram anywhere of the fuse locations for either the interior or under the hood fuse boxes.

Read one thread that talked about a "Hard Reboot" of the radio by holding the power button for 1+ minutes uninterrupted, but that didnae do anything.

Has anyone else had this issue??

Does anyone know what fuse location is for the Radio?

Any other suggestions - before I relent and hit the dealer?

Thanks

Andrew

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
My radio died a while ago. Then it would come on. And quit again. And on and on. I checked the power at the connector and found to be varying.... with it being cold outside and not having time to search for all the connections to check, I simply cut the wire and ran a new power from an add a fuse. The radio was indeed pooched so I ended up buying an Android based radio off amazon. Atoto A6. It was a direct fit, plug and play. And waaaaay cheaper than a new oem. I had the cheapo oem unit so this thing is a huge upgrade that I should have done a long time ago. VCDS showed some error on a infoainment bus or some such thing with the old radio installed..... the new unit is talking to the rest of the car because the unit does try to show the nonexistent back up camera and dims with the headlights being turned on!

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
It’s a common issue on the 2010-2011 radios. Buy a newer model radio and swap it out. You’ll get more features with a newer radio too. I have some available if you need one.