Tubular Sway bars on 2015 GolfSportwagen?

gguazzoni138

TDI
2015 GSW
Forgive me if this has already been discussed or is in a different thread but does anyone know if the sway bars on the 2015 Golfs are hollow or solid? I’ve looked here and on the web but to no avail.

I bought a thicker sway bar. It’s not as thick as I would like and I am trying to see what I should expect in terms of handling improvement.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gguazzoni138

TDI
2015 GSW
I’m a little confused. The 2015 GSW uses a torsion beam rather than a bar? I haven’t jacked it up yet but sticking my head under there doesn’t seem like it’s a beam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Not sure what you mean by "torsion beam rather than a bar" but the rear is a torsion beam. The Mk7 TDI Golf/GSW does not have independent rear suspension.

Neuspeed is the only company that makes a sway bar for the torsion beam rear. It is advertised to reduce the twisting of the torsion beam that occurs when turning.

Neuspeed, 034, SuperPro and H&R have front swaybars (various diameters, solid/hollow, all appear to be adjustable) with Mk7 TDI fitment so you've got options there.

FWIW, these front bars also fit the GTI/TSI so it's likely that front bars from other manufacturers will also fit the TDI. I would assume those manufacturers have not been able to finding e fitment on a TDI so they don't include it in their fitment list. Neuspeed describes their bar relative to the stiffness of the stock GTI bar. Would have to check part numbers but I suspect the GTI stock front sway is already stiffer than the stock sway on the TDI.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gguazzoni138

TDI
2015 GSW
Thank for the reply. I’m just so surprised it doesn’t have IRS. I got it sorted out now.

Thank again!

gguazzoni138

TDI
2015 GSW
Not sure what you mean by "torsion beam rather than a bar" but the rear is a torsion beam. The Mk7 TDI Golf/GSW does not have independent rear suspension.

Neuspeed is the only company that makes a sway bar for the torsion beam rear. It is advertised to reduce the twisting of the torsion beam that occurs when turning.

Neuspeed, 034, SuperPro and H&R have front swaybars (various diameters, solid/hollow, all appear to be adjustable) with Mk7 TDI fitment so you've got options there.

FWIW, these front bars also fit the GTI/TSI so it's likely that front bars from other manufacturers will also fit the TDI. I would assume those manufacturers have not been able to finding e fitment on a TDI so they don't include it in their fitment list. Neuspeed describes their bar relative to the stiffness of the stock GTI bar. Would have to check part numbers but I suspect the GTI stock front sway is already stiffer than the stock sway on the TDI.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What benefit would you see from a stiffer front bar? Wouldn’t it just bias the car to understeer more?