EDC16 internal barometric sensor PID

maSS-hole

TDI
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
Hi,

I am actually working on my Jeep Liberty CRD but figured that you guys may be able to help. I am hoping to be able to tap into the ECU's internal barometer that it uses for adjusting boost and fueling at altitude using Torque Pro. I have been playing with my tune and have had some strange boost readings that dont correspond to what the boost limiter and boost map suggest I should be at, but if I zero out the boost limiter, the boost is what it should be according to the boost map.

TIA

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Pretty sure the baro sensor registers altitude. May I suggest getting a properly written tune for your Jeep? Trying to trick the ECU to provide more power is really a poor way to get more performance. It could damage your engine.

maSS-hole

TDI
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
Pretty sure the baro sensor registers altitude. May I suggest getting a properly written tune for your Jeep? Trying to trick the ECU to provide more power is really a poor way to get more performance. It could damage your engine.
I was not looking to trick anything, I believe that my barometric sensor may have faulty readings and I am trying to verify what it is outputing to see if it is reading the proper ambient pressure. If it thinks I am only at 600 mbar of ambient pressure when I am infact at 800mbar(I am 6500 ft ASL), it will reduce boost far more than it needs to and thus cut fuel and power unnecessarily. What I did was create a test tune where I remove the boost limiter to verify that I was not having a VNT issue or something else causing my issues.

I already have a Green Diesel Engineering's Hot tune on my Jeep which is extremely comprehensive. Unfortunately outside of GDE's tunes, there is almost no aftermarket support for this vehicle so its really up to me to make any changes. I have approached several VW shops locally and have been turned away.

PID is a software control mechanism that doesn't need to know anything about what it is controlling. The barometric sensor nor the MAP/boost sensor have PID control, but the N75 does fall back to PID control under various conditions.

This is a decently thorough thread on the topic:
http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18149
Sorry, I think we may be talking about two different things. What I was reffering to was the OBD-II PID, or hex address, to tell Torque Pro to look at for the barometric sensor. I guess I was assuming that if it does have a PID value, that its the same for all EDC16's regardless of vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Last edited:

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
So PID 33 is not working for you?

maSS-hole

TDI
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
So PID 33 is not working for you?
No, unfortunately it is just blank in Torque. I have been relying on my phones internal sensor for Barometric pressure, but that doesnt tell me what the ECU is actually doing.