Installed a few mods on my 2006 BRM this week.

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I installed a SBC Endurance clutch. My Sachs Quiet clutch still looked new but the pressure plate just could not handle the torque of the PD140 with Malone Stage 4 tune.

I also ordered a DPF delete downpipe and Air Intake from Darkside, which i plan to install in the next few days. Surprisingly it was cheaper to order these parts from Darkside and pay to have this shipped overseas vs. a competitors part locally.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A 2006 BRM does not have a DPF.

I could not find the location of "Tarheel" on any map. Is North Carolina your location now or are you just a "Tarheel" from there?

Last edited:

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
A 2006 BRM does not have a DPF.

I could not find the location of "Tarheel" on any map. Is North Carolina your location now or are you just a "Tarheel" from there?
lol. No city named Tarheel in NC. Tarheel at heart and I live in the Charlotte area.

Yes, I meant to say that this would delete the Cat in the down pipe and not DPF.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Some folks omit or are vague about some valuable info when they post like Model year, car model, engine code and even location. For troubleshooting, this stuff can be important. Planet earth or the solar system might be kinda clever but does not give any clue to what market the car is speced for or local operating conditions.

Perfect newbie post in the general automotive section with none of the above info noted:

"My car has a problem and I don't know what it is, can anyone help?":D

The Tarheel thing is a cool thing that most folks have never even heard of. Kinda like in the real world, anyone located north of you is a Damned Yankee. That Mason-Dixon line thing is just a sugar coated explanation of the Rebel condition..........

Last edited: