Anyone try fighting VW Canada re Rust Warranty?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Picked up my Jetta from the body shop yesterday. VW is out of right fenders so I will need to go back once the backorder is filled. They even fixed a rust patch by the A pillar because the rear quarters had rust by the rear bumper and the entire panel needed painting.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Reflex Silver 2006 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon
Got my Jetta back from the body shop today. Majestic Collision in Guelph did an outstanding job. Car looks great.

Now to book in to have Guelph VW look at the passenger fender :)

mikemcc

TDI
06 Jetta Wagon TDi GLS
Bytek VW turned me down because the previous owner filled something incorrectly on the paperwork so now no warranty at all despite rust on every panel. I do need to fight either the dealer or VW because someone is not helping me at all.

I think I will try a different dealer since I can't imagine how the previous owner paperwork can cancel the rust warranty.

So frustrated.

deflux

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
I don't think many of you live out this way but if you're looking to start a claim right away St.Catharines VW doesn't require an appointment if you go in between Tuesday and Thursday in the afternoon.

I went in and had pictures taken, approved about 2 weeks later and in the body shop a few days after that. Originally I went to Roseland in Burlington and they said their body shop is so backed up that it's a 6 month wait.

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I just went to Pfaff in Newmarket and they got back to me in 6 business days and my car was in the shop the following week. Pretty quick turn around.

scorpion

TDI
2006 jetta
took my 06 Jetta to Knights Autohaus VW in Winnipeg for rust perforation,they took pictures etc and about 3 weeks later said to bring it in for repairs. They surprised me when they said they were replacing the hood,r/s front fender,l/s front fender,r/s rocker panel,l/s rocker panel ,r/r fender,l/r fender and trunk lid.Just picked it up last week ,like new.Gotta thank Wendell and Geena as they were terrific in helping me thru the process Ryan in DevlinOn

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Check the invoice, unlikely they replaced the rear quarter panels. They repaired it instead. Had my '06 Jetta done the same way a few weeks ago. It's nice to get all this for free. :)

maktas

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
Hello!

My rust claim was rejected due to the rust no perforation. What was the extent of rust of the people who got their claims accepted? Thanks!

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Slight bubbling around the rear license plate lights. The front fenders were rotten. The hood seam had slight bubbling, and the rear quarters had some bubbling.

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
My one quarter panel had a small dime sized chip in the paint where it meets the bumper that was rusted and they fixed that. It was not perforated.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
None of the repairs VW covered for me had perforated. Most were just bubbles under the paint, and a spot where the paint had flakes off leaving surface rust.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Email sent. Any further clarification, let me know and I'll see what I can do

:)

Being as your car is an 05, the "in service" date (the day it was first sold), is likely in 04, putting you out of warranty now. My car (06) was first purchased in 09/29/05, giving me until sept 29, 2017 for corrosion waranty

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I was just approved for fenders, driver's door (which was from ice wedged in there), hood, and trunk (where the plate lights are). I guess VW decided they wanted to keep my business in the future.

Gaggu P

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat B5.5 BHW
I was just approved for fenders, driver's door (which was from ice wedged in there), hood, and trunk (where the plate lights are). I guess VW decided they wanted to keep my business in the future.
How long did the approval take? I've contacted Brampton VW and Martin Grove VW and both have me on a waiting list to even get my car in to take a look? :mad:

Gibby

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Wagon
I had to wait 2 months to get pics, have been waiting for 4 weeks to get word back. Claimed it could take 12 weeks. I guess they are shipping the pics to Germany?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Bramgate was ALWAYS dragging their feet when it comes to any warranty work. They can't refuse you so they do it sonslowly that you go elsewhere.

deflux

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Roseland told me it would be minimum 6 months so I went to St.Catharines VW and they took pics that day and the car was fixed 2 weeks later. I would suggest you call around to the dealers close to you and just ask how long it will take.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
I had to wait 2 months to get pics, have been waiting for 4 weeks to get word back. Claimed it could take 12 weeks. I guess they are shipping the pics to Germany?
me too london booked my pictures for 87 days from when i went in...sucks, i assume its because they make nothing on it that they dont care.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cambridge VW was a week for the pictires and around a month for the approval. The body shop had an openning in about 10 days. The waiting period doesn't really matter really as the car is still driveable and the warranty clock stops as soon as you file the online claim. So no need to get worked up for nothing, the car was rusty before so a few months won't make much of a difference.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Anyone get VW to repair their trunk on a MK5? My parents '09 has some serious rust forming around the license plate bulbs and trunk area.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
I've had a very good experience with Don Valley VW. Pfaff and Brampton VW dragged their feet and made me wait and wait. Don Valley from inspection to fix took about 1.5 months if I remember correctly.

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
How long did the approval take? I've contacted Brampton VW and Martin Grove VW and both have me on a waiting list to even get my car in to take a look? :mad:
4 years or so. But the last time I went in for pics was a month ago, and I got a call 3-4 weeks later. They gave me the run around for a long time until the new ownership at Barrie VW came in.

EDIT; @LNXGUY, mine was approved for the rust around the plate lights like you describe.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Anyone get VW to repair their trunk on a MK5? My parents '09 has some serious rust forming around the license plate bulbs and trunk area.
Yes, I had the trunk lid changed on my '06 (MKV) around Christmas, slight bubbling around the plate lights was the reason.

maktas

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
Update.... b4 trying to litigate against VW, I brought my car into Lafontaine VW in Michigan (very close to where I work). Lets see if VWoA will give better results than Canada. Its been 3 weeks now, still waiting for the judgement

Gibby

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Wagon
Just got denied for fenders on my 04 wagon. They are covering the hatch and bubbles under the roof rails. Can't make this up'' no known issues with fenders''. Hilarious

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Just got denied for fenders on my 04 wagon. They are covering the hatch and bubbles under the roof rails. Can't make this up'' no known issues with fenders''. Hilarious

whut???

They denied the fenders?

How bad are they?