OM642LS Tuning

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
Hi All. I have a 2012 Mercedes C350 CDI with the OM642LS engine, it currently has a stage one remap on it from Ecotune in Glasgow UK with 306bhp and 521lbf everything else standard.

I cant seem to find any info on this forum or the mercedes club forums to anyone going further with this engine apart from the stage one remap :confused:

The car comes with the GTB2260VKLR turbo, does anyone know what power this is good for?

I would be looking to aim for 350-360bhp with a dpf and cat removal (straight downpipe in place) and a hybrid GTB2260VKLR with a 65mm compressor wheel from AET Turbos in the UK.

Can anyone advise if this is realistic to hit those numbers with the proposed modifications?
Thanks

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
A8 4H 4.2TDI, Cayenne 4.2TDI, 6.0TDI
Yes, you can get those numbers with these mods. This forum is for VAG, thats why no info about mercs.

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
Thanks Man. Yeah i understand its more for VAG but thought i would check just in case anyone had experience of tuning these engines, good to know what its capable of in mostly standard trim.

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
Thanks Man. Yeah i understand its more for VAG but thought i would check just in case anyone had experience of tuning these engines, good to know what its capable of in mostly standard trim.

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
A8 4H 4.2TDI, Cayenne 4.2TDI, 6.0TDI
Dont forget large FMIC if you go hybrid, as these cars have quite crappy cooler from stock and you lose stabile power with larger hp figures.

Devilsfuel

TDI
Mercedes C350 CDI
As far as i know it comes standard with the 2260VKLR on the LS version of the OM642 engine, earlier models like the 320CDI perhaps used the 2060 :)
Standard Run - Seems like a good engine making more than the quoted standard figures

Stage one software

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
As far as i know it comes standard with the 2260VKLR on the LS version of the OM642 engine, earlier models like the 320CDI perhaps used the 2060 :)
Standard Run - Seems like a good engine making more than the quoted standard figures

Stage one software

Is that a Dynocom Dyno?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
It would be really cool if a GTX2567 rotating group could be adapted into the GTB2260VKLR. Majesty78 would know if that is even remotely possible. The 2567/2867 supports over 400 HP.

Last edited: